output levels

pierre.pan

Inspired
Hi everybody, just a quick question
Is the output1 and 2 have the same level output? for me the two output are setup on +4db, but i have the feeling that the output2 have less gain than the one.
it's just me me or a fact?
thanks a lot

Gain as in signal level or gain as in distortion/overdrive in the tone? If you've got the output setting the same for both (+4dBu or -10dBV), the global output EQ for both set the same, the front panel output knobs set the same for both, and are comparing XLR to XLR, I believe they should have identical output levels. Balanced XLR output is typically +6dB higher than unbalanced 1/4" output due to the duplicate signal XLR carries.

Gain as in signal level or gain as in distortion/overdrive in the tone? If you've got the output setting the same for both (+4dBu or -10dBV), the global output EQ for both set the same, the front panel output knobs set the same for both, and are comparing XLR to XLR, I believe they should have identical output levels. Balanced XLR output is typically +6dB higher than unbalanced 1/4" output due to the duplicate signal XLR carries.
gain as signal level, and yes, same set up, same quality xlr . same preset for the two outputs, no output eq, same levels for the front knob. perhaps it's just an impression...

Back
Top Bottom