Output level for FRFR speaker

brainleaf

Apologies if this information is elsewhere, I did some searching and didn't find an answer.

Should I set my output level to my Friedman ASC-12 to +4dBu or leave it at -10dBV? I can't find in the Friedman ASC-12 manual whether or not it's "consumer" or "pro" grade. I use Outputs 3&4 to my Scarlett 4i4 interface, so it should be unaffected. Even with the -10dBV, I can get my Friedman pretty damn loud, but since I leveled my preset to 0dB, I have been cranking both the output on the AxeFX and the Friedman all the way up during band practice. It would be nice to know I have extra headroom if I need it.

Curious if there's a best practice or what folks around here generally do for their output to an FRFR speaker.

Thanks!

You can always set it to +4 and turn the knob down on the Axe Fx.

I use +4 with my PXM-12MP cabs. If I turned the knob up full up I'd surely be deaf soon and that's with the default volume on the cab.

Mine is about 40%...

Does the Friedman have any sort of input meter or clip indicator?

You can always set it to +4 and turn the knob down on the Axe Fx.

I use +4 with my PXM-12MP cabs. If I turned the knob up full up I'd surely be deaf soon and that's with the default volume on the cab.

Mine is about 40%...

Does the Friedman have any sort of input meter or clip indicator?
Thanks, I'll give it a try! I was worried it would catch on fire if it wasn't meant for it.

It does have a clip meter on it, I'll try +4 and watch it.

A super noobie question: Does a compressor-limiter on the FRFR prevent it from blowing the speaker if I turn up the input too loud?

Edit: It turns out this question is in the manual

The ASM-12/ASC-12 amplifier employs a sophisticated
limiter circuitry, which monitors signal condition at both LF and HF
amplifiers and compresses the output signal when necessary to
protect woofer and compression driver from damages.

It would attempt to keep the input signal from being too high, which would help prevent clipping... I'm not sure that would protect the speaker or not.

Just turn your Fractal Output knob all the way off and gradually bring it up while playing.

Apologies if this information is elsewhere, I did some searching and didn't find an answer.

Should I set my output level to my Friedman ASC-12 to +4dBu or leave it at -10dBV? I can't find in the Friedman ASC-12 manual whether or not it's "consumer" or "pro" grade. I use Outputs 3&4 to my Scarlett 4i4 interface, so it should be unaffected. Even with the -10dBV, I can get my Friedman pretty damn loud, but since I leveled my preset to 0dB, I have been cranking both the output on the AxeFX and the Friedman all the way up during band practice. It would be nice to know I have extra headroom if I need it.

Curious if there's a best practice or what folks around here generally do for their output to an FRFR speaker.

Thanks!
Try this: https://friedmanamplification.com/w...SM12-ASC12_Manual_revised_4-11-17-cropped.pdf

Back
Top Bottom