Bug? Output Clipping since FW22.00?

Chaos351

My presets all seem to have an issue that I’ve begun noticing since switching to FW 22.00 where all my presets are clipping the output VUs.

At first, I noticed it on my bass guitar preset because I use some outboard gear for it. It was strange though, because I had never had an issue with it beforehand, but now (without changing any of the settings on my outboard gear) all of a sudden it’s clipping by quite a few dBs.

However, now I’ve been noticing that my guitar presets, that I have been playing/recording with for years now, are also now clipping and I have to turn the amp volumes down to something like -25 dB for it to just barely not clip the output. I’ve checked every block and none of them are pushing the volume at all.

The only thing I can think of that has changed besides the FW is that I’m using different earphones now, but I don’t quite see how that would affect it?

It is not unheard of for levels to change here or there after a big firmware jump like this. If the output is clipping, turn down the amp level/s. I suspect it is not your output clipping, though. It is more likely that the new input metering is what you are seeing. Turn down the input level until it stops clipping with your loudest guitar. You have probably been running it too high from the beginning, like I was.

Back
Top Bottom