Output 3 not working after update

Mike Baue

I just installed the Firmware 7.0 update and not my output 3 isnt working. Could be coincidence, but I'm wondering if it might be related to the update. I run the 4 cable method, and patch output 3L to the amp input. Nothing.... Any tips or clues?

Not sure if it's software or hardware based.

Thx

OKAY OKAY.... I was going to delete this thread just now because I figured it out, and it was a STUPID mistake. But I'll leave it up so you don't have to feel my shame. LOL!!

What happend was the volume knob for output 3 got turned down somehow in transit from our rehearsal space to my house. Lesson learned...

CHECK YOUR OUTPUT VOLUMES WHEN RUNNING THE 4-CABLE METHOD!!!

Carry on...

OKAY OKAY.... I was going to delete this thread just now because I figured it out, and it was a STUPID mistake. But I'll leave it up so you don't have to feel my shame. LOL!!

What happend was the volume knob for output 3 got turned down somehow in transit from our rehearsal space to my house. Lesson learned...

Carry on...
That's how you do it!

Carry on...
Somewhere in time there was once a consensus that subscribed to the mindset: "You certainly weren't the first to make this mistake, and guaranteed won't be the last one either."

I wish there were a more polite way to tell folks it's OK when you mess up just so you admit the mistake. From the older and wiser yes dear screwup club side speaking here...

Last edited:
I moved and rebuilt my studio rack. Plugged it all in and... nothing. Was driving me crazy until I realized that Output 3 volume was turned all the way down. Happens.

This kind of request (to lock output levels) shows up in the wishlists from time to time.

@Admin M@ suggested this for the axefxIII:
https://www.daddario.com/products/accessories/loknob/
Fair play, though in live gigs, I turn down outputs I'm not using as a matter of safety. So I literally do this to myself. As I'm typing this, I do realize that I am not mirroring anything to Out3, so if it's not in the grid of a live preset, it's not going to do anything. Guess I'll stop turning it down.

I remember when I first set up my board with a stereo pedal in the Out 3 -> In 3 loop and I literally scoured through every possible setting on the FM9 unit itself, in the editor, and all over the pedal just to realize that the Out 3 knob was turned down.
It would be nice if the hardware setting had some sort of corresponding fader in the editor so you could see it (maybe a see, but can't touch in the editor type of thing). Or, a LOCK option.

Back
Top Bottom