Output 3 Noise with Amp

ALL411987

Hello

I've been working on a classic pedlaboard set up as a "just in case" with my FM9 and a fender pro Jr. However, when I go out of Output 3 into my Pro Jr, there is a ton of fizz and hiss (it is about as loud as the amp and gets louder if I turn up the tone knob on the amp). This only happens if I go through the Fractal. If I go direct into the amp, there is no fizz. It also happens no matter where I set the knob for the Output 3. Does anyone have any tips? Thanks!

It's recommended to use a Humbuster cable in this scenario.

You can try to make sure the amp and FM9 are plugged into the same power circuit.

I have a similar experience, does not seem to be ground noise so humbuster wont fix as far as I can tell(I use a hum-x). In my case it's very quiet and my analog pedal board has about the same noise floor so I have figured it's just the nature of the beast. In my case it's audible as soon as you power the unit on, so before the software loads. I only get this with my tube amps solid state is dead quiet so perhaps it is something ground related. All of my amps are early silver face fenders so not sure what would be the experience with something high gain. I'll dig out a humbuster and try that I'll report back if it makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom