Output 1 Remote Control?

JBW

Is it possible to remotely control Output 1 level from my desktop/PC?

I'd like to use an Axe-Fx III as my sole audio interface. It would be hooked up to active monitors directly and hooked up to my PC via USB. I would use the Axe-Fx III for live playing/monitoring, recording and computer audio incl. listening to music (using Roon), etc. The Axe-Fx III needs to be placed a number of feet from my desk. It's too far to reach to control the output to my monitors. I need to be able to "remotely" control the output to my monitors from my desktop. I imagine this would be in the digital domain, but I would consider some sort of analog device if required.

Maybe this is very basic. Maybe it's not. I have no idea how I could do this... if possible at all. If you have the answer, a sound solution or otherwise please chime in.

Thanks very much for any/all assistance.

It depends what exactly you mean by "Output". There is a "Output 1 Volume" target on the MIDI/remote page you can attach a midi controller to, but that's going to control all output, digital and analog. A mixer might be your best option if you want to control monitor levels without affecting digital output (see configuration #2 in the recording guide). Or, if you don't mind editing every preset you would ever use, you have many options for how to do this in the grid.

I appreciate the input.

Ultimately, I suppose that I'm looking for a desktop based monitor volume controller. I don't need a mixer. An analog/passive volume controller that sits between Output 1 of the Axe-Fx III and my active monitors would work.

I was hoping that my monitor volume might be able to be controlled via USB, in the digital domain, via Axe-Edit, PC or otherwise.

Any additional thoughts, recommendations, etc., are welcome.

Thanks for your feedback.

I appreciate the input.

Ultimately, I suppose that I'm looking for a desktop based monitor volume controller. I don't need a mixer. An analog/passive volume controller that sits between Output 1 of the Axe-Fx III and my active monitors would work.

In other words, you need mixer :). Its rarely the case that one channel will suffice. Again, see config #2 in the recording guide. Or if one channel is really all you need, a BigKnob will do what you want.

In other words, you need mixer :). Its rarely the case that one channel will suffice. Again, see config #2 in the recording guide. Or if one channel is really all you need, a BigKnob will do what you want.

I think a Big Knob, Senal PMC-II or Heritage Audio Baby RAM is in my future.

Still, I do wish using the Axe-Fx III as an audio interface would allow digital volume control on a software mixer or otherwise.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom