Ordering/Processing Vendor

Interesting...looks like they chose volusion as their ecom solution. Wonder why. Adding the Axe to the cart still does not "reserve it" for a period of time it seems. Looks like the script kiddies will be at it again.
From Robboman:

I had a look around support.volusion.com |, the store software vendor. It looks like they offer lots of ways to do coupon codes and grant private page access. It appears that all the tools are available for Fractal to start serving the waiting list in an orderly fashion. They can send waitlist customers a one-time use coupon code, along with a link to a private category that (we'll assume) will have guaranteed inventory. Note on One-Time-Use Coupons One-time-use coupons and discounts are just that: they can only be used by a customer once. The Volusion system tracks each use by the customer's IP address. This may cause problems if multiple, individual store customers -having different customer accounts with the same store -attempt to apply the same one-time-use discount from the same computer or network IP address. The customer to first use the discount will be able to apply it to an order but subsequent customers will not if using the same IP address. Creating a Private Category To create a page populated with exclusive content within your store, categories can be set for private access only. The menu entries for these categories will only be displayed to customers who have been granted access to private pages. Customers who have not been granted access will not be aware of these categories or the pages they contain.

This is awesome news! At first I didn't say anything because I was getting the 'page cannot be displayed' error. But since I've cleared my cache i see the new store now. It looks nice! Crosses fingers that the wait list will start being notched away each and every day.

Thanks everyone @ Fractal for addressing the extremely long wait list concerns.

Should be any day then now. I still can't believe how many people beat me to the waiting list in just two hours after being posted.

Question for Cliff or somebody else at Fractal. I'm not very high up on the wait list but now that coupons are going out I have a question.

I'm going on vacation next week for 5 weeks and won't be able to place my order while I'm away because nobody will be home to receive it, I COULD have it shipped to a friends house but then if there are any issues there is the possibility of missing the 15 day return policy. How long are the coupons valid for, if I do get my email from Fractal while I'm away will I be able to order when I get home?

I was really hoping to have one before I went away, I brought my Ultra with me last year and had a blast.

Thanks

Was gonna buy a t-shirt...but not with a $13 shipping charge. :twisted Seriously guys, come on, I live in Texas, not Antarctica!

1st) 13 shipping, not on someones life
2nd) I gave up wearing anything less than 100% cotton in kindergarden, cmon cotton poly blend? Im no snob but even walmart sells all cotton, cant stand itchy non breathing polyester.

Was gonna buy a t-shirt...but not with a $13 shipping charge. :twisted Seriously guys, come on, I live in Texas, not Antarctica!

Maybe it's going via Antarctica :0
It certainly isn't going to Australia because they won't even sell us a T-shirt over here :(

Cheers S ( 0 )===:::

So the store is only useful for those who don't want the coupon or is it for people who have been waiting on the list and use the store for using the coupon/buying the Axe II? Also is shipping to Canada finally resolved or?

Back
Top Bottom