Ordering a guitar from Asia: Clearance Delay?

HerrSquid

Inspired
Has anybody here got experience with international shipping and US Customs? It's my first time ordering an instrument from Asia (Japan) to be received in the Continental US. The FedEx tracking info has said for about 3 days that the shipment is in "Clearance Delay" on Honolulu. The site said to call FedEx customer service, so I gritted my teeth and did that two days ago. They sent me a pair of messages saying that I needed to fill out a US customs form, which I did electronically, and "sent" back to them. Got an email back from FedEx acknowledging receipt and then... crickets.

About 48 hours later I don't see that anything is happening at all. Has anybody else been through this? Is it about normal, I should I be concerned that something's gummed up, or I need to do another thing they haven't told me about?

I bought a guitar out of Canada without any hitches. I did receive an emailed customs form from FedEx but nothing to fill out and the guitar arrived fairly quickly.

It might not be the same experience from Asia though. If FedEx is communicating with you, then that should indicate that at least a package is inbound.

Has anybody here got experience with international shipping and US Customs? It's my first time ordering an instrument from Asia (Japan) to be received in the Continental US. The FedEx tracking info has said for about 3 days that the shipment is in "Clearance Delay" on Honolulu. The site said to call FedEx customer service, so I gritted my teeth and did that two days ago. They sent me a pair of messages saying that I needed to fill out a US customs form, which I did electronically, and "sent" back to them. Got an email back from FedEx acknowledging receipt and then... crickets.

About 48 hours later I don't see that anything is happening at all. Has anybody else been through this? Is it about normal, I should I be concerned that something's gummed up, or I need to do another thing they haven't told me about?

Sounds like the gov’t hard at work. They move slow so you’re probably ok.

I ordered this one as a cheap travel guitar option at the end of June. After about 30 days I emailed them several times to inquire about shipping progress. When they finally responded it still took a good week before I got a tracking number. Not sure when it will arrive.

1723385681289.png

Back
Top Bottom