Not a Bug Only wet signal when using 2x mono jack to stereo jack as output?

BrageHT

I've just brought a 2xmono jack to stereo jack for monitor use on stage, planning to go straight into an active monitor from the two jack outputs on the board, while running the XLRs to FOH.

However, when i plugged it into my Steinberg UR22 card, and loaded the "bassman about to explode" factory preset, all I got was litterally the wet reverb signal. It works percetly fine when I'm using two mono jacks into the UR22, so I'm quite puzzled? It occurs on a couple of other presets as well, factory as well as usermade.

Have anybody had the same problem when using mono to stereo jacks?

The UR22 has balanced TRS inputs. They are not stereo. Sending a stereo signal into these inputs will cause the dry mono part of the signal to be cancelled out and only the stereo effect signal remains.

Last edited:
Most inputs aren’t stereo on a single jack.

The UR22 has balanced TRS inputs. They are not stereo. Sending a stereo signal into these inputs will cause the dry mono part of the signal to be cancelled out and only the stereo effect signal remains.

Thank you both. Luckily my monitor is stereo jack, so the purchase hasn't been for nothing. I've always belived that the UR22 inputs were stereo, but apparently not.

Back
Top Bottom