One issue with importing Ax3 presets

skategeezer

Inspired
Since we do not have an area for bugs yet I thought I would post this here.
When importing my old AX3 presets it works great actually only needs a few tweaks mostly in the IR department. Otherwise the preset works and sounds the same.
However, if the AX3 preset has a Delay 3 or 4 block in parallel that does not exist in the FM9 (not the problem) a blank block with passthrough is added in parallel.
So I have to deleted the block.
The 3rd or 4th Delay block should be ignored or dropped during import.
Just hoping to get this on the radar for a future release.

Last edited:
The import process would have to "understand" the signal flow design of presets to make that decision. It doesn't and I wouldn't expect it ever will.

It's making the "best" (simplest) choice in this case of preserving the signal routing and leaving out the (unsupported) 3rd Delay block and putting a shunt in it's place.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say?

Can you post a screenshot of the Axe Fx III preset and what the FM9 preset looks like right after you convert?

The import process would have to "understand" the signal flow design of presets to make that decision. It doesn't and I wouldn't expect it ever will.

It's making the "best" (simplest) choice in this case of preserving the signal routing and leaving out the (unsupported) 3rd Delay block and putting a shunt in it's place.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to say?

Can you post a screenshot of the Axe Fx III preset and what the FM9 preset looks like right after you convert?
After looking at the presets closer I can see the challenge a little clearer. If for example you have Delay 3 or 4 in series as opposed to parallel and Delay 3 and 4 were deleted during import it would break the signal chain.
So currently when these blocks are detected they are replaced with a shunt block.
Hence the shunt block in parallel in my use case.
Not sure there is a way to detect (or worth the effort) to detect parallel vs series and delete the parallel block.

After looking at the presets closer I can see the challenge a little clearer. If for example you have Delay 3 or 4 in series as opposed to parallel and Delay 3 and 4 were deleted during import it would break the signal chain.
So currently when these blocks are detected they are replaced with a shunt block.
Hence the shunt block in parallel in my use case.
Not sure there is a way to detect (or worth the effort) to detect parallel vs series and delete the parallel block.
The parallel row would be potentially a lot more complex than series...

Because things like are there other blocks in that row, is the block set in certain ways, etc would need to be accounted for.

Back
Top Bottom