Old Axe Change Presets - Any way to get into new firmware?

Jetset95

Hi guys - I've been dusting off some of my old vinyl albums of late and loving reliving my youth with Pink Floyd. One of my favourite albums is The Division Bell and Coming Back to Life, one of my favourite songs and tones that David Gilmour managed to produce. @Cooper Carter has been demoing some amazing presets from the cover band Brit Floyd, which made me want to try some of these old classic songs out on my FM9.

I searched Axe Exchange for Coming Back to Life, but the only presets there are for the Axe-FX II or AX8, which are not immediately compatible. Forgive this rookie question, which must have been asked a thousand times already, but is there any way to get older presets like this into modern units?

My understanding is that there kind of is, but that the algorithms have changed enough that you won't get something that sounds like the original.

Probably wouldn't hurt to use the settings from the old preset to inform your choices on a new one. You can use FracTool to look at the settings in effects blocks, and build a new amp and cab model based on the info we have about Gilmour's amps from the time.

Back
Top Bottom