Ola Englund - Free Presets

As much as I love Ola in general the presets are at least...uncommon. The one in the video for example: a R121 on a 1960TV as the main microphone?

Normally a high gain setting uses the SM57 (AKA dynamic 1) as the main microphone and a second to be blended (like the Royer).

Nonetheless some of the presets sound pretty darn good - in spite of the strange cab settings/choices ;) And of course good for Fractal to get some further attention...

Last edited:
What I like about this demo/review is that he starts of by saying that if "There's one modeler that gives you option paralysis - it is Fractal" but very soon he ends up with an awesome tone in with just an amp and cab block. It clearly shows how simple it is to get an amazing tone w/o mucking around in the unit (if that's what you want).

As much as I love Ola in general the presets are at least...uncommon. The one in the video for example: a R121 on a 1960TV as the main microphone?

Normally a high gain setting uses the SM57 (AKA dynamic 1) as the main microphone and a second to be blended (like the Royer).

Nonetheless some of the presets sound pretty darn good - in spite of the strange cab settings/choices ;) And of course good for Fractal to get some further attention...
TBH I love rule-breaking like this. If it sounds good, it's good

Back
Top Bottom