OFM9G Layouts 7 & 8

bleujazz3

Fractal Fanatic
When the OFM9G config is installed on your FM9, default layouts 7 & 8 display Per-Preset and Songlist, respectively.

Could someone describe how these layouts are utilized in greater detail, please?

(Will check the fine manual soon. Was hoping someone who has gigged with both layouts implemented can provide some insight...)

Well, like wise men have said, RTFM. Pgs 80 & 110 contain useful information regards Per-Preset modifications (though I think skipping trying to work with this layout might be OK for the time) and Setlists & Songs.

The Setlists & Songs section was a little easier to understand than the Per-Preset section, IMHO. More complicated, but easier to understand because of the outlined description. Per-Presets might be useful for working with specific amps, cabs, or effects that aren't contained within my EFFECTS layouts (read: extraneous effects I'd utilize less often than regularly).

My feeling is regards Songlists & Songs, until I can put together setlists of 3 or 4 songs each for our open-mic jam, it may not be necessary to utilize this feature. My song repertoire is not entirely that diverse and would likely be determined by a spur-of-the-moment choice of what to play at the venue.

I have been using the Songs/Setlist feature for a few weeks now. I have it on Layout 8 of a modified OFM9G, with the bottom 5 switches for Sections, and the left two top buttons for Songs. The rightmost top button takes me back to the Scenes Layout. In the Scenes Layout, holding down the Scenes switch on the top row, takes me to Layout 8. Hope that makes sense.

I think I need to add a hold function to one of my upper 3 switches that sends it to Layout 8. Currently, nada, though the stock config had Setlists. Will go clean up the apartment first then set about adding the hold Setlists switch.

Back
Top Bottom