Odd Fuzz Like Distortion on Clean Tones - Input Headroom Problems?

I’ve been having issues again where most of my dirt amp presets sound like fuzz pedals.

The first thing I did was to set my padding to 18db. My guitar signal does not show up in the red as much as the 0db pad setting does. I lowered my bridge pickup and played through a clean amp setting and lowered the gain as low as it could go.

What’s happening is that when I strum/pluck my low E string above the bridge pickup, it distorts as if the input has no headroom (not a pleasing amp overdrive tone). I had this happen on a vintage circuit vibe pedal that could not handle humbuckers that well.

And, I think the overall tone is affected, like low powerchords chugga chugga with much definition. There is no definition.

Could there be a problem with the input on my FM3. Conversely, would an active pickup bass cause the input to get effed up? Do I need to get it repaired? Can it be repaired?

Someone please tell me this can be fixed.

I’ve been having issues again where most of my dirt amp presets sound like fuzz pedals.

The first thing I did was to set my padding to 18db. My guitar signal does not show up in the red as much as the 0db pad setting does. I lowered my bridge pickup and played through a clean amp setting and lowered the gain as low as it could go.

What’s happening is that when I strum/pluck my low E string above the bridge pickup, it distorts as if the input has no headroom (not a pleasing amp overdrive tone). I had this happen on a vintage circuit vibe pedal that could not handle humbuckers that well.

And, I think the overall tone is affected, like low powerchords chugga chugga with much definition. There is no definition.

Could there be a problem with the input on my FM3. Conversely, would an active pickup bass cause the input to get effed up? Do I need to get it repaired? Can it be repaired?

Someone please tell me this can be fixed.
I’ve also noticed that the input distortion happens moreso with the neck pickup when plucked close to the bridge, I think the lower frequencie makes the input distort more.

Back
Top Bottom