Odd "Clicking" problem

RD1

Okay, I'm at a complete loss here. I just started noticing this the other day. Before I get to the problem, let me explain my rig so there are no mysteries there.
I use the Axe Standard as my Preamp. I then go into my Boogie 2:90 to two Boogie 4x12 cabs. I'm using a MidiMoose for my preset switching, and that's about it. Pretty simple.
Earlier this week, I started noticing a "click" or a "pop" like a metronome coming through my speakers. Upon further investigation, I discovered that the popping is in perfect time with the "tempo" on the axe. Also, every time the tempo button lights up, a light on the input 1 lights up as well. I tried to adjust the input 1 knob (usually set between noon and 1 oclock) and got some horrible noise as i turned the knob. Also, it did nothing to stop the popping.

What's going on here? I really hope that someone has good news for me here. I depend on my Axe several times a week for rehearsal/gigs. I have nothing else to fall back on, and am preparing to go out on some small week long tours in the next month or so. I sold everything I could to get this about a year ago, and haven't really had any problems until now. Can anyone help me?

DO you use a MIDI footswitch - like the MFC-101?

I re-read your post and you are using the MidIMoose - try disconnecting the footswitch and you will find that the "pop" will probably go away.

Give that a try and then we can move to the next steps

Mic

Last edited:
Hi,try to replace your Instrument cable (jack- jack) From guitar to Axe Fx. Worked for me

Back
Top Bottom