Funny you post this.....I actually caught this vid a few days ago. What a riot....amazing that they don't cause a riot with everything they get away with on stage! LMAO :shock

I love SP. One of the most entertaining bands I've ever seen. I've seen enough boobs to last me all week now.

I consider them a hilarious parody about everything that made hair metal so much fun in the 80's.
Darn good band as well. They sure rock:encouragement:

I absolutely love Steel Panther - not only because I get the joke; but because they really do the whole shtick perfectly.

Everything about the 80's that was good... and bad. All in one.

The interviews are hilarious!

Every now and then, one of them 'remembers' that they should be pouting, so immediately adopts the pose! :lol

Saw them in Brisbane at Soundwave festival last year. Truly a force to be reckoned with live. Don't go searching for the wig-less photos though... just don't...

Russ Parish (Satchel) is one of the most amazing guitarists on the planet. Pretty decent bass player too (Paul Gilberts Electric Fence project). These guys are fantastic and this gig is probably more fun than anything else you could do...

OMG I haven't laughed out loud to myself like this in awhile! I love that they totally take the piss on themselves and have a great time doing it. Check out some of the other youtube vids. thanks Chef.

You haven't lived till you've experienced Steel Panther live. A hilarious, over the top, damn good time. And they're all phenomenal musicians. Only actually skilled musicians could pull of that show.

You haven't lived till you've experienced Steel Panther live. A hilarious, over the top, damn good time. And they're all phenomenal musicians. Only actually skilled musicians could pull of that show.

I wish I could say the same. I saw them in what had to be the absolute ideal setting - it was at the HOB in Vegas, at midnight, and it was 21+ show. You'd think that would be the most awesome way to see Steel Panther ever, right? (Other than them playing at an actual strip club.)

Not the case. Every song they played was punctuated with 10 minutes (or more) of their comedy schtick. It was clever the first couple of songs, but when it was an hour into the show and I noticed that they'd only played 4 songs, the jokes started to get old. The playing was top notch, don't get me wrong - but I walked out of there all sorts of disappointed. In an hour and a half show I think they played 6, maybe 7 songs total, and 4 of them were covers. They didn't even play Death to All But Metal. :(

Maybe I just caught them on a bad night.

A friend talked me into seeing them the first time and they won me over. The schtick is what makes the show IMO. I just saw them again and loved it. Apparently the girls in the audience did too.

Back
Top Bottom