Noise and Solutions and other suggestions?

WITELITE

Experienced
I've had the Axe-FX II for a week now and the tones are fantastic, especially when I plug a 1/4" cable directly into the unit. The challenge for me has been that my set up is more complicated than that for the 3 piece I play in. I use a Brian Moore with a 13 PIN and stereo cable which gives me electric, piezo and synth sounds and any combination. When used with high gain settings on the Axe, this set up is reminiscent of Nigel Tufnel at the Air Force Base.

I thought I'd share the relevant portions of my set up and successes so far as well as solicit thoughts from the experts here.

Set-Up -----> Brian Moore 13 PIN to GR-55----->Guitar out from GR-55 to Ernie Ball Stereo Pedal-----> Ernie Ball Output to Fractal
Brian Moore Stereo Cable-------->Piezo to Ernie Ball Stereo Pedal --------------------> Ernie Ball Output (Piezo) to PA

Advantages are diversity but noise makes almost unusable.

I've found that taking the guitar output to Decimator Pro Rack G (channel 1) and then to Fractal cuts down significantly. By also taking FX loop of Fractal into Channel 2 of Decimator, it almost eliminates all the noise.

While I know the Fractal has Gates, I like the idea of turning on and off from the hardware decimator and I find the noise reduction on channel 1 of the decimator (guitar input) to be quite good.

I guess there is a way to put gate and fx loop in global blocks and turn them on and off from footswitch but I'm not that far yet.

My humbuster cables come today so I'll let you know if those make a noticeable difference as well.

Love other thoughts here.

And to get a sense of how it's used, here's a sample of us doing Side 2 of Abbey Road (which needs all 3 -Mags, Piezo, Pianos) etc

http://www.witeliteonline.com/sounds/Abbey Road - Side 2.mp3

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom