No sound when no amp/cab

Souq47

Hi, everyone!

I’m the happy owner of my first FAS product, an AX8, and of course it’s an amazing device.

I’m having a little trouble: sometimes I need to use the AX8 just as an effects processor straight to the input of an amp, so what I did was take a preset and remove the amp and cab simulation in AX8 Edit, but when I did that there was no signal anymore. The Output 1 is up and all the physical cables are correctly connected.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

What appears may have happened is when you removed the Amp and Cab blocks you cut the signal going to the output. When removing blocks, the easiest way is to simply replace it with a Shunt.
Deleting Blocks.PNG
Shunt.png

Maybe your problem is not no sound but sound at a very low level! I build some presets without an amp/cab block and there were about 20dB less level on the output, so i had to compensate it with another block (input bock, volume block or maybe flat eq block with cranked output knob).
I did it with a compressor block an cranked the output a lot.

Thanks, people!

In fact I just removed the blocks and didn't replace them with a shunt. What I did was connect the virtual cables to make it look like Sonofiam's diagram. I assumed it would be the same, but apparently not. Now it works.

This is what happens when you have a new toy and start playing right away instead of reading the manual. :)

Glad you got it sorted out. Yeah, reading the manual is an actual necessity with Fractal gear. I tried to figure it out at first as well but there's really no getting around knowing the manual. It's also a good idea to bookmark the Axe Fx II Wiki. The answer to most any question you'll have or issue you may encounter can be found there. After 2 1/2+ years with the FX8 and AX8, I still need to refer to it from time to time .

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Axe-Fx_II_Wiki_Home

Back
Top Bottom