NGD - Gibson Les Paul 58 Reissue

SpudMan

Experienced
After much stress and indecision, I finally pulled the trigger on an Iced Tea Burst Les Paul Custom 58 RI. It is everything I dreamed of and more. I am thrilled. A huge purchase for me and something at a price point I wouldn't normally do, but it has been my dream since I sold my original LP Goldtop many, many decades ago, and I am happy I finally have a LP.

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpeg
    IMG_0291.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0290.jpeg
    IMG_0290.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
Just a stunning beauty!! So happy for you that you found the one that spoke to you! Just looks like it sounds amazing, just a beautiful guitar! Congratulations!!!

Nice!
some day
I hope you are able to get one someday. Took me years to get up the courage to spend this much on one guitar. I tried to talk myself into a Standard but there just wasn't any comparison in my mind. Standard's are nice, but to me they didn't have the quality of the old Goldtop I was replacing.

Thanks to everyone for your "likes". I am really enjoying the new guitar. I might be crazy but I feel like it is making me a better player given the quality of tones I am getting. Now I need to start to think about the best way to store it and my other guitars so they are easy to switch out when playing. Up until now I just kept them in cases or Mono gig bags. I am thinking a wall rack like the one from String Swing USA that was discussed on this forum a few years ago.
Best wishes to all on this 4th of July.

Thanks to everyone for your "likes". I am really enjoying the new guitar. I might be crazy but I feel like it is making me a better player given the quality of tones I am getting. Now I need to start to think about the best way to store it and my other guitars so they are easy to switch out when playing. Up until now I just kept them in cases or Mono gig bags. I am thinking a wall rack like the one from String Swing USA that was discussed on this forum a few years ago.
Best wishes to all on this 4th of July.
My R9 is on a regular rack with an old t-shirt on the padding (it still got some bleed, which i realize maybe twice a year) and my other CS is on its own stand w t-shirt barrier.

Keep em out and play em! The big change for me was buying a dehumidifier to keep the room reasonable in the summer, but in all honesty so long as the humidity isnt having big sudden changes you’re fine. These are to play, life happens, rock out.

My R9 is on a regular rack with an old t-shirt on the padding (it still got some bleed, which i realize maybe twice a year) and my other CS is on its own stand w t-shirt barrier.

Keep em out and play em! The big change for me was buying a dehumidifier to keep the room reasonable in the summer, but in all honesty so long as the humidity isnt having big sudden changes you’re fine. These are to play, life happens, rock out.
I know what you mean. I moved from a dry climate to a humid climate. I checked my basement this morning and the humidity was 60%. Too high I guess but I will see if it remains constant. I agree, they are meant to be played.

I have a floor standing String Swing, holds 6 guitars, not too expensive, and my walls are weird, can't do the wall mount thing. The one I have isn't completely awesome, I gotta say, at least with my particular guitars.

Takes a bit of fiddling to get each guitar's individual body shape to sit down so it's stable, and still sometimes I come back next day and one has shifted some. Not so it's in danger of falling out or anything, just not completely stationary where I put it.

It's this:
https://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Stand-Electric-Acoustic-Guitars/dp/B00CBISHS6

And just to say it, yes keep them out and grabbable. They ARE meant to be played!

I have a floor standing String Swing, holds 6 guitars, not too expensive, and my walls are weird, can't do the wall mount thing. The one I have isn't completely awesome, I gotta say, at least with my particular guitars.

Takes a bit of fiddling to get each guitar's individual body shape to sit down so it's stable, and still sometimes I come back next day and one has shifted some. Not so it's in danger of falling out or anything, just not completely stationary where I put it.

It's this:
https://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Stand-Electric-Acoustic-Guitars/dp/B00CBISHS6

And just to say it, yes keep them out and grabbable. They ARE meant to be played!
It is weird in my basement. The floors are not consistently level. For the moment it is painted concrete but I will likely try to do something like LVP at some point.
Other than the logistics, is the String Swing quality decent? It looks a bit cheap but most of these stands are not works of art anyway.
BTW, it was your comments on this forum that really encouraged me to seek out and buy this guitar. I know yours is a Collings, but the main thing was how you went higher than you wanted and ended up with something that you love. So thanks for sharing your comments on your Collings.

Beautiful guitar! Nothing like a Les Paul
Thanks, I agree for sure. As I have said elsewhere, I had my LP Goldtop that I foolishly sold in the 70's. I didn't play for many years due to life stuff and when I started again I wanted a LP badly. It is hard to spend money but it is worth it. Eventually I want to also replace the 59' Tele I also foolishly sold, and also add an ES-335, and a Firebird. But for now I am just enjoying this one.

The guitar can handle 60%, if it drops suddenly to 40 thats when the wood will contract causing checking, truss rod flex and possible fret issues.
Just wondering, is there one piece of equipment that maintains humidity at a consistent level? Meaning it humidifies and de-humidifies depending on the environmental conditions?

Back
Top Bottom