Newbie Question: Can I use the AxeFX with my Vox AC-15?

My new AxeFX arrives this week.. Woot!!

Just wondering, can I use the AxeFX with no amp or cab modeling and run it through my Vox Ac-15?

I know some people do this already, but they normally run it through the Effects Loop on their amp (which mine doesn't have).

Can I still use this way and just run the output of the AxeFX into the input of my tube amp?

Will it sound ok?
Will it hurt the amp?

Yes
Yes
Yes
No

While you're waiting for it to arrive, why don't you download the manual and have a good read?

Thanks guys!

Yer, I've been reading the manual, but it keeps mentioning the effects loop on the amp, which mine doesn't have. So I just wanted to make sure it would still work ok :)

My amp doesn't have an effects loop either. The only thing you have to do is to keep the output level low, since you are driving a preamp input with a line level signal.

luitanent_dan said:
My new AxeFX arrives this week.. Woot!!

Just wondering, can I use the AxeFX with no amp or cab modeling and run it through my Vox Ac-15?

I know some people do this already, but they normally run it through the Effects Loop on their amp (which mine doesn't have).

Can I still use this way and just run the output of the AxeFX into the input of my tube amp?

Will it sound ok?
Will it hurt the amp?

Hi
I´ve just answered that question in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21373
I think you might find it useful/helpful
RB

Back
Top Bottom