Newbie baffled by output 3

Spanky437

So I use headphones at home a lot and they are linked to output 1. I have to use a global eq on output 1 to make the headphones sound good while not messing with my actual presets. So I thought I would be able to take output 3 (would use 2 but my powered speaker doesn’t have an xlr in) to go to my powered frfr speaker with it copying output 1 in the I/O menu to get the non EQ’d version of my preset to that speaker and keep output 1 setup for my cans. But even with the volume knob dimed and the output set to 18db it’s super, super quiet. I Can take output 1 with the volume knob at 3 o’clock to the same speaker and it’s super loud. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is basic stuff, I read the manual…

Output 3's copy option is Input 1 so the dry signal. there is no Copy Output 1 option for Out 3.

when you say "set the output to 18dB" you are probably talking about the Boost/Pad setting - this is not an audible level increase, it's meant to balance the signal-to-noise ratio, so that setting won't do anything.

if your powered speaker has its own volume knob, you can turn that down if 3 o clock on the Axe is too loud. or you can reduce the Axe volume down from 3 o clock to reduce volume.

Okay so I’m just using it wrong 🤣 Not surprising, I’ll just order a xlr to 1/4 inch cable to use output 2 for this application. Thanks everyone.

Output 3's copy option is Input 1 so the dry signal. there is no Copy Output 1 option for Out 3.
I learn when you say things. :)

I’ve read that section a bunch of times and my brain always substituted “Output 1“ for “Input 1”.

Most excellently done!

I’m going to go write that on the blackboard a bunch of times.

I’ve read that section a bunch of times and my brain always substituted “Output 1“ for “Input 1”.

Everybody does. The problem is the interface misleads the user into thinking there is a repeated pattern for the outputs. The user interface design should make it clear that is not repeated from the output 2 parameters.

Everybody does. The problem is the interface misleads the user into thinking there is a repeated pattern for the outputs. The user interface design should make it clear that is not repeated from the output 2 parameters.
How?

when you say "set the output to 18dB" you are probably talking about the Boost/Pad setting - this is not an audible level increase, it's meant to balance the signal-to-noise ratio, so that setting won't do anything.

if your powered speaker has its own volume knob, you can turn that down if 3 o clock on the Axe is too loud. or you can reduce the Axe volume down from 3 o clock to reduce volume.
Yeah wow I was so sure it said copy output 1 that I got my unit out and had to look 🤣 You’re right of course. Thanks a ton, I’ve got my head around it all now.

Back
Top Bottom