Wish New Years Looper wishes

gdgross

Experienced
Happy 2024 all!

Just adding my looper wishes here now that I've realized we have a wish list forum. I'd love for the looper to behave a little closer to looping in Ableton live. Specifically:

1. Fixed Length Looping: This means you can set a certain number of bars for the loop length and only press the record button once; you don't have to stop recording at the end of the loop. The hardware already knows how long to record, because you set the loop time to 2/4/etc bars. At the end of the loop record time, the hardware stops recording at the appropriate time and begins playback. This feature would be slaved to the midi clock/internal tempo, but would be difficult to use if the metronome was not audible. (I have my metronome routed to out2 and sent to my in-ears.)

2. Metronome sync: It would be killer if we could press the play button any time before the next downbeat, and it would play back from the beginning of the loop, on the downbeat of the next bar. (or possibly, at the beginning of the next 2/4/etc bar phrase if #1 above is also implemented.)

We can get at some of these currently by doing things like bypassing the looper rather than starting/stopping playback, and recording an empty bar as the first loop and stacking layers on top of that, but these workarounds don't get all the way there, and to me, it would make the looper much more useable if the above were implemented.

Last edited:
The AX8 allowed to quantize a loop to a number of beats. Don't understand why this was missed on the FM9. The way it is I have to manually calculate the loop length based on the BPM.

The AX8 allowed to quantize a loop to a number of beats. Don't understand why this was missed on the FM9. The way it is I have to manually calculate the loop length based on the BPM.

It would be great if the looper could actually quantize start and end of the loop on metronome beats
The Looper already has a Quantize option... But it operates only on the end of the loop from what I remember.

I know. But it's missing a feature that already the AX8 supported.
Possibly... But the Looper in the current generation is not the same looper in the previous generation.

Unlike most blocks, it was rewritten from the beginning.

But a wish is a good way to request it.

These changes would be very cool.

Can the Looper be set just before/at the Output stage as a Global Effect? If not, that would also be great to have.
I'd like to configure the Looper to be default in every patch, as it is an invaluable tool for all things!

I wouldn't get my hopes to high for any changes on the Looper block. When was the last time it was updated/improved?
But more quantization option and temp sync would be nice to have indeed.

Back
Top Bottom