New Song, Axe-FX, Metal Foundry

Sup?
Sounds great brother,,I dig everything about it,,tone, groove, arrangement, hell yeah :)

Is that the same patch for clean and dist.? are you just switching a drive or using another chain altogether? It sounds like the clean part has a little more rounded bottom than the more mid'ish dist. which is a great sounding contrast.
What model are you using,,care to share ;)

How are you liking Metal Foundry over say the NY collection? The only thing I could say needs anything is the Snare sounds just a little dull,,maybe just a little more "crack" or something,not the newer pingy kind of crack more like the old school crack.

anyway,,,hell yeah :mrgreen:

MOSHON
DAVE

hey dave,
thanks for the feedback!:)

the clean tone is just the "East West" preset, where i kicked out the delay. i used a EMG 60 neck pickup.
the heavy tone is the bogner UBER sim with the Diezel 4x12 V30 IR (one of the best IR's for heavy stuff IMHO!)
i couldn't find a good balance between a huge but not boomy bottom, so i cut of a little more low end just to go for sure :mrgreen:

i'll take a closer look at the snare. in the mix it sounds really punchy but the mastering kinda squashes everything down.

i really love the NY expansion for pop stuff, the basic snare sounds just fantastic.
if you want i could upload a track i made with the NY basic kit!:)

cheers
S.

Very cool composition. The intro is wonderful. The clean picking parts sound fantastic and are played to perfection! Those reverse-delay-thingys are exceptionally great.
But... :twisted:
- The distorted parts sound a bit too separated and boxy. I would add some reverb in the mix and check if some other cabinet IRs would work better.
- The lead at the end is very cool and therefore could stand out a bit more in the mix.
- Metal Foundry you say? So, that's SD 2.0 + the Metal Foundry addon, right? To be honest, the drum sounds are not very exciting at all and I know that you can get top notch drum sounds with the Metal Foundy. Did you post-process the individual outputs? The drums do not do this pretty good song justice and are certainly the weakest part of it.

I didn't want to be negative, but rather give constructive feedback and not to be :ugeek: . I am no native English speaker, so hopefully I did find the right words.

Soultrash said:
hey dave,

the clean tone is just the "East West" preset, where i kicked out the delay. i used a EMG 60 neck pickup.
the heavy tone is the bogner UBER sim with the Diezel 4x12 V30 IR (one of the best IR's for heavy stuff IMHO!)
i couldn't find a good balance between a huge but not boomy bottom, so i cut of a little more low end just to go for sure :mrgreen:

i'll take a closer look at the snare. in the mix it sounds really punchy but the mastering kinda squashes everything down.

i really love the NY expansion for pop stuff, the basic snare sounds just fantastic.
if you want i could upload a track i made with the NY basic kit!
:)

cheers
S.

Cool,,,Is the Diezel cab a user cab? I only have 2 in my collection of IR's, one with the 6550 poweramp and one with the Soldano HR poweramp, might it be one of those?

Yeah, I would live to hear it :) I bought S2.0 a few months ago and got the NY expansion also,(Metal Foundry wasn't out yet :cry: ), then got sidetracked and never got around to installing it all until a couple of days ago, it has sooooo much more tweakability then EZdrummer I'm gonna have to dig in to it a little. when I get to know my way around it(or I just cant stand it no more :roll: ) I want to pick up Metal Foundry also.

MOSHON
DAVE

hey RiF,
your english is very fine, besser als meins!:D

you're right on the distorted parts!
honestly i didn't take much care about them while mixing, just used a low cut and
a multiband compressor to tame the low end. unfortunately the whole
sound got changed by the MBC, i'll kick it out in the next mixing session!

the lead track needs to be more present, you're right on that also!:)

the drums...i really like the sound, tweaked the hell out of it to make it sound like that!:D
i guess it's just a matter of taste but i could try to mix the drums up with some slate samples...

cheers
S.

PS: yes, it's superior2 with the metal foundry addon, really great drums!!!:)

hey dave,

it's the "Soldano HR poweramp" IR, i always use this one for heavier tones.
i hope i can gain some money at the end of the month and finally try out the RedWirez recto cab impulses!

i will upload the "NY song" and send you a PM with the download link tomorrow!

about superior2...when i got it i was just squashed by the possibilities!:mrgreen:
i thought about selling it and get something less complicated.
i am not the "sitting and tweaking for hours" guy
but in this case taking time to learn about the product is really advisable!:)

cheers
S.

Soultrash said:
your english is very fine, besser als meins!:D
:lol: Wenn du meinst...

Soultrash said:
you're right on the distorted parts!
honestly i didn't take much care about them while mixing, just used a low cut and
a multiband compressor to tame the low end. unfortunately the whole
sound got changed by the MBC, i'll kick it out in the next mixing session!
A low-cut should be sufficient, IMHO a MBC is a corrective tool if the source is somehow broken and you need to fix it on a frequency-range basis. If the sound is right (which should be the case, because we're all using an Axe-Fx :D ), I see no reason to use an MBC. Everytime I try to use an MBC (not Axe-Fx, but in mixes) I mess things up, because every multiband tool is too complex for by brain...

Soultrash said:
the drums...i really like the sound, tweaked the hell out of it to make it sound like that!:D
i guess it's just a matter of taste but i could try to mix the drums up with some slate samples...
If you like them, keep 'em this way. As you say, it's just a matter of taste.

That was awesome! Really well written tune and a fun listen. I agree the lead at the end needs to come up, but otherwise, it's great the way it is :cool: Nice work.

I really dug the tune! As for the mix, I'm on the opposite side of the fence. The whole time I was listening I was thinking, "Man, how did he get the guitars so forward in the mix?". It really sounds like the drums are behind the guitars, which IMO, is a good thing.

@RiF
same here, i just don't know hot to use a MBC correctly.
well used itÄs a great thing and can make the mixes sound much more "professional":)

@InsideOut, Sidivan
thanks for the feedback guys!
i'm glad you like it!:)

i'll post the complete song again when the vocals are done!:)

cheers
S.

hey guys,
i tried to record the vocals but kinda messed it up.
i'll have a new try tomorrow! :mrgreen:

i finally managed to record a real bass!
just finfished editing, and mixing.
here's a new link with an complete insturmental version!

VER 3 (echter e-bass, neuer mix)

how does the new mix sound!?
how does the real bass sound compared to the VST bass i used before!? (i think it sounds much more natural)

i'd be thankful for more feedback!:)

cheers
S.

Back
Top Bottom