new pickups for an ibanez pgm 300 with a twist ....

arcangel

Inspired
sup guys, have a question for basically everyone lol, i will be changing my pgm's pick ups (hum-single-hum) pretty soon and ill be adding a coil splitter to get like a single coil sound i have already picked out the neck pickup (dimarzio tone zone) and a middle pickup (dimarzio area 67) but i'm still thinking what to put on the bridge i want something with balls but also to sound good with splitter, i have thought of either of these 3: dimarzio, tone zone, x2n and D sonic and i will be putting in a tremol-no to my guitar cause i like to drop tune so keep that in mind basically looking for versatility anybody have any thoughts on this i would appreciate your input thanks !!!

Tone Zone can get muddy (in both positions) depending on the wood. Sorry I saw this thread a little late.

I would have recommended an Air Norton in neck, and for the bridge, the X2n, Full Shred, or D Sonic.

I had the Tone Zone in the neck of my McNaught, but didn't like it (doesn't work well with Mahogany I thought), and replaced it with Full Shred neck model. Much better :)

Let us know how you like the Tone Zones. What were you replacing, stock pickups?
Any reason you seem to have ruled out Duncan pickups? No experience with 'em maybe?

jerotas said:
Tone Zone can get muddy (in both positions) depending on the wood. Sorry I saw this thread a little late.

I would have recommended an Air Norton in neck, and for the bridge, the X2n, Full Shred, or D Sonic.

I had the Tone Zone in the neck of my McNaught, but didn't like it (doesn't work well with Mahogany I thought), and replaced it with Full Shred neck model. Much better :)

Let us know how you like the Tone Zones. What were you replacing, stock pickups?
Any reason you seem to have ruled out Duncan pickups? No experience with 'em maybe?

well im replacing stock ibz pick ups, i have a ibanez pgm 300 (basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard with a floating tremolo) and i went with dimarzio cause i already have my schecter C1+ with Duncan's a jazz on the neck and a dimebucker in the bridge so i wanted to try something else, my only concern is how would they sound with the coil splitter. we'll see what happens :D

IMO,the X2n would have been overkill.i don't know if dimarzio changed them from the 80's models.the magnets are so powerful on those pickups.too close and your strings would go out of tune.plus the high end would have been fairly shrill with a trem guitar.but man,could they drive the front end of an amp! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom