New FXIII MKII User in Las Vegas says hello to all.

I know you are being kind and helpful. But your statement, as it obviously is true for you, is certainly NOT the experience everyone has.
Honestly, just think the OP needs to know that. which I imagine he does.
That's a good point. From what I've read, it seems to me most here don't prefer to use the same speakers you would use for a tube amp. I don't yet have a preference, because I'm still mostly using headphones and occasionally one of my Mesa power amps and Recto cabs, but from what I can glean from the threads pertaining to monitoring solutions, if you want the most accurate sounds of the amp/cab models, you need some type of FRFR setup.

That's a good point. From what I've read, it seems to me most here don't prefer to use the same speakers you would use for a tube amp. I don't yet have a preference, because I'm still mostly using headphones and occasionally one of my Mesa power amps and Recto cabs, but from what I can glean from the threads pertaining to monitoring solutions, if you want the most accurate sounds of the amp/cab models, you need some type of FRFR setup.
It's not just about accuracy, it's about flexibility. The Axe lets you choose and mix cabs, potentially differently for every preset, even every scene if you want. If instead you play through a few real-life cabs, you'll always sound like those cabs.

Whether or not that's ok with you, even desirable, is a choice, but it's definitely a different strategy.

I know you are being kind and helpful. But your statement, as it obviously is true for you, is certainly NOT the experience everyone has.
Honestly, just think the OP needs to know that. which I imagine he does.
It's not just about accuracy, it's about flexibility. The Axe lets you choose and mix cabs, potentially differently for every preset, even every scene if you want. If instead you play through a few real-life cabs, you'll always sound like those cabs.

Whether or not that's ok with you, even desirable, is a choice, but it's definitely a different strategy.

My bad for not being as clear as I should have been, but I think you guys misunderstood what I was trying to communicate. I probably should have said "same monitoring paradigm you use with your tube amps." I mentioned running through studio monitors in my post, if that's the paradigm with which the OP is comfortable. Just trying to avoid the far-too-common "why does this modeler through my $200 plastic speaker sound nothing like my cranked 412 cab next to me." I don't use guitar cabs, I've been running direct with IEMs live and studio monitors in the studio (duh) for close to a decade now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom