"New" Friedman Amps?...Aren't They In There Already?

bcblyth

Hi. Just got my AX8. LOVE it!...a am a Kemper convert and find the amps on the AX8 much more realistic. Anyway, read somewhere on here a comment that AX8 2.02 does not have the newer "Quantum" Friedman amps that are in the other Axe products? Wondering whether this is true and, if so, what improvements there are in the newer software models. Thanks!

quantum 3.0 beta has older version of friedman amps (from previous firmware that were replaced), and newer version. they are not on the ax8 yet.

From the "The new HBE..." thread in the Axe-FX II Discussion
I can put the old model back in as a new model. The old model is an original, hand-built "Marsha". It's MUCH darker than Mark's newer BE/HBE. In fact it's so dark and boomy I emailed Dave to make sure the amp was built correctly. Turns out the snubber cap is the wrong value. But even with the snubber cap corrected it's still very dark and boomy which made me question as to whether there are other components that are incorrect (the guy who built the amp smoked about a pound of pot a day). So we decided to redo the model based on Mark's amp which is the amp that was the demo model at Tone Merchants.

I love the BE as is... it's my main 'dirt' preset however i do find it a little noisy... I have to gate it more heavily than I would prefer.

Back
Top Bottom