New FRFR - Raezer's Edge

Habuman

Power User
2x12.

Will provide a full report, especially the stereo setting, after Saturday's gig. Cannot give a good workout at home but so far, so good. Loud with clarity and definition. Have tried with the FM3 and AX8 using my FGN Tele with a JB/59. All presets sound great. No bass heavy, muffled, or mud to be heard.

Weighs in at around 13kg or 28lb.

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    922.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    942.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    972.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Back Off.jpg
    Back Off.jpg
    927.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Speakers.jpg
    Speakers.jpg
    856.6 KB · Views: 143
Following...can't wait to hear your feedback, I've had my eye on this amp since they released it. I have a Centauri and its a great sounding/feeling solid state amp. What size speakers did you get?

Not sure if my ears decided to take the night off but it sounded sterile, dull, lifeless at gig volume.

No presets had any clarity, definition, or thump.

Thinking it was an off night since the FOH tech did not have a good mix of the band. Therefore, I was adjusting on stage and never really got comfortable. Next gig I will know for sure.

2x12

Not sure if my ears decided to take the night off but it sounded sterile, dull, lifeless at gig volume.

No presets had any clarity, definition, or thump.

Thinking it was an off night since the FOH tech did not have a good mix of the band. Therefore, I was adjusting on stage and never really got comfortable. Next gig I will know for sure.

2x12
Give the speakers a couple shows to break in, or connect it to something and play music through it for a day.

Give the speakers a couple shows to break in, or connect it to something and play music through it for a day.
After a side-by-side shoot-out with against a Friedman ASM12, Laney LFR112, Headrush 108, Kemper Kabinet, and XiTone the Raezer's Edge Audio Flux 200 is missing low end, bass, thump, etc. It is loud and sounds great for cleans but all gain/heavier tones just disappear.

Not sure if it is a wiring issue or what. Have sent a message to Raezer's Edge support about this.

Not sure if hat the issue was but the Audio Flux is working perfectly now. Getting the full tone of the FM3. Just finished a gig without issue.

Hello, Mr. Habuman. Just for the sake of clarity, does your last post mean you're completely happy with the Audio Flux now. And, is it your opinion that it sounds better than the other FRFRs to which you compared it during your side-by-side?

Geoff at Raezer's make some really great stuff. Most if not all of his cabs/amps I have used sound great. This cab lies somewhere in the Powercab/FRFR area. I had him build me a modular unit - a 112 with the ability to slide in a power amp from the top - kind of like a quilter. It was fantastic for a stage monitor.

Not sure if hat the issue was but the Audio Flux is working perfectly now. Getting the full tone of the FM3. Just finished a gig without issue.
What did you do in the time between when you were underwhelmed and sent support a message and now?
Did you find a problem or just get used to the sound?

This looks interesting! How does having the back off effect the sound? Does it give it more room spread?

Haven't yet given it a good play-thru with the back off. Have a gig next Saturday where I will give it a try.

Hello, Mr. Habuman. Just for the sake of clarity, does your last post mean you're completely happy with the Audio Flux now. And, is it your opinion that it sounds better than the other FRFRs to which you compared it during your side-by-side?

Yes, I like what I'm hearing from the Audio Flux. After last night's gig I think it holds it own again the other FRFRs. Will probably need a few more gigs and maybe another side-by-side to get a more accurate assessment.

What did you do in the time between when you were underwhelmed and sent support a message and now?
Did you find a problem or just get used to the sound?

Didn't do anything different. I have the rest of the week before Saturday's gig to make sure all is go-to-good.

BTW, the quick response with helpful information by Geoff at Raezer's Edge was outstanding.

@Habuman any updated thoughts on the Raezer? I've been thinking about grabbing one. I own one of his Centauri hybrid amps and it sounds great.
After a few gigs with it I like what I’m hearing. Lots of clarity, volume, and thump. Not sure what the initial issue was but now it is sounding good.

Still doing a thorough A/B against my regular cabs…which I’m starting to favor more.

After a few gigs with it I like what I’m hearing. Lots of clarity, volume, and thump. Not sure what the initial issue was but now it is sounding good.

Still doing a thorough A/B against my regular cabs…which I’m starting to favor more.

Just double checking, you are starting to like your regular cabs better?

Decided to take the Raezer's Edge FRFR to last weekend's gig at Nashville Okinawa. I also took the AX8 and played most of the night on a Dirty Shirley preset.

We did not route guitars to the PA so what you hear in the video is more of my guitar since it was recorded on my side. From Whiskey Myers (in video), to Brad Paisley, to Lynyrd Skynyrd, to Blackberry Smoke, and more the Raezer's Edge sounded good all night.

Back
Top Bottom