New FM-3 Owner

agreed... problem is I don't have a mac or pc in where I do my guitar playing and it would be inconvenient for me to put a full desktop or laptop in that space. Also prefer a touch-based interface.

My (unsolicited) advice here is to learn your way around the editor until you’re familiar with the functions and parameters. Once you know your way around reasonably well, it’s pretty easy to transition to working from the unit itself. I use the editor for major tasks, but a lot of stuff is done on the unit itself when I’m parked on the couch in front of the TV.

Front panel rocks.
Just sayin.

I like the front panel too, but like I mentioned above it was much easier to navigate after familiarizing myself with all the functions through the editor. There were some things I had to hunt for from the front panel, but I knew they were in there somewhere because of using them in the editor.

Front panel isn’t very intuitive to be honest and not something I want to mess with during a gig if I need to make a quick change. An iPad is already something I bring along.

Back
Top Bottom