NEW! DynaCab Pack: 5153 Stealth 4x12 + 2x12

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
There's something new and exciting available in our store! If you enjoyed the great-sounding new "Stealth" selections in the free factory DynaCabs, here's your chance to get even more mics on those same cabs. The new DynaCab Pack: 5153 Stealth 4x12 + 2x12 contains both the 4x12 and 2x12 versions with 12 mic choices each.

AND, it's now $10 off during our Summer sale.

https://shop.fractalaudio.com/dynacab-pack-5153-stealth-4x12-2x12/

1720543359319.png

Last edited:
This is cool, but now we are moving away from simplifying cab selection to re-expanding it by offering tons of mics/dynacabs choices.
Can't please everyone, but it seems to this point that FAS is actually going about Dyna Cabs in a very intelligent manner; offering the same cabs both on board (simplified) and as cab packs (extensive). The only FAS Dyna Cab model not currently available on a device is the 1x12 Freed Man.

Want simplicity, stick with the on board offerings. Want more mics or more tone shaping options, purchase a Dyna Cab pack or two (or more). Either way is still faster and easier than auditioning legacy IRs to find the cab tone you want.

Hmmmm. Might pick up this one. I haven’t gelled much with the Dynas much but do like the Stealth. What’s the deal with these speakers? the Celestion G12 EVH 20 watts? Sound pretty similar to GB’s.

Last edited:
This is cool, but now we are moving away from simplifying cab selection to re-expanding it by offering tons of mics/dynacabs choices.

Unless you’re using the Axe you’re stuck with standard res Dynacabs. So for me on the FM3 I can mix on Cablab and export Ultrares. There is that.

Unless you’re using the Axe you’re stuck with standard res Dynacabs. So for me on the FM3 I can mix on Cablab and export Ultrares. There is that.
Wimp I know, but I much prefer being able to adjust cabs in AxeEdit or on the unit, instead of having to freeze a mix in CabLab and export it.

I'll probably get around to that workflow eventually, maybe, but for now it's not worth it to me.

Are you using CabLab or just the Axe FX? They’re mutually exclusive so if you’re not even using CabLab then this comment is unnecessary.

Hmmmm. Might pick up this one. I haven’t gelled much with the Dynas much but do like the Stealth. What’s the deal with these speakers? the Celestion G12 EVH 20 watts? Sound pretty similar to GB’s.

According to both EVH & Celestion they're basically the 20W "Heritage Series" Greenbacks that Celestion stopped making a couple of years ago ....

Are you using CabLab or just the Axe FX? They’re mutually exclusive so if you’re not even using CabLab then this comment is unnecessary.
I use both, and I bought several DynaCab packs already. The comment was just an observation, one of the things that attracted me to DynaCabs in the first place was not having to audition tons of static IR’s to find one that I gel with.

Wimp I know, but I much prefer being able to adjust cabs in AxeEdit or on the unit, instead of having to freeze a mix in CabLab and export it.

I'll probably get around to that workflow eventually, maybe, but for now it's not worth it to me.

Well with the Axe you can already run longer IR’s, and have smoothing along with more cab slots. So not as much reason to use Cablab. More mics in the packs and the IR’s are 360 degrees around the cone so that would be the biggest benefit for you. The editor cab interface is definitely more convenient to use.

Can't please everyone, but it seems to this point that FAS is actually going about Dyna Cabs in a very intelligent manner; offering the same cabs both on board (simplified) and as cab packs (extensive). The only FAS Dyna Cab model not currently available on a device is the 1x12 Freed Man.

Want simplicity, stick with the on board offerings. Want more mics or more tone shaping options, purchase a Dyna Cab pack or two (or more). Either way is still faster and easier than auditioning legacy IRs to find the cab tone you want.
I actually hope they eventually port the Friedman 1x12 over to the axe as well. I own the dynacab pack but sometimes it’s just faster and easier to tweak on the unit or the editor

I use both, and I bought several DynaCab packs already. The comment was just an observation, one of the things that attracted me to DynaCabs in the first place was not having to audition tons of static IR’s to find one that I gel with.
I understand that, but that’s what’s great about these packs being offered the way they are. If you don’t want it then don’t buy it, and you’ll keep your selection simplified. That’s the responsibility of the end user to not overcrowd their selections.

Personally, the 5153 Stealth cab is one of my favorite cabs so this would be one I’d buy as opposed to some of the other offerings.

@Admin M@ I just picked this up and I'm really, REALLY looking forward to working w/ the Off-Axis 57 !

But, there's a couple of differrent ways to mic 'off-axis' ..., is this 'roughly' the way Fractal captured it ?

THANKS !

Attachments

• Off Axis Mic Position Illustration.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom