Neumann NDH 30 question

Deansizemore

Hello all,

I’m a completely new user for the FM9. I literally just unboxed it and plugged in.

I have a pair of Neumann NDH 30 headphones and wondered if those are good for dialing in tones for live use? Or are they primarily headphones people use for mixing only?

I just plugged my IEM into the same patches I was using and it seems very different.

Am I better or dialing in sounds with my studio monitors or does anyone use headphones?

Are their better headphones for this purpose like the ATH M50s?

I just wanna dial in a sound that translates similar to what I’m gonna be producing live.

I apologize if this has already been discussed to death but I wanted to ask about the NDH 30 headphones specifically.

What headphones/earphones are you using as IEMs?

I haven't used the NDH30's but they seem to have an odd peak around 3-4k. (see Oratory measurements)

You can't go wrong with HD600's, they're open back though. The only closed-backs I've heard that come close to that kind of neutrality are Dan Clark Stealths which are prohibitively expensive.

Sennheiser did release the HD620s recently, but every review seems to agree that they don't live up to the "closed HD600" claim.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom