Need some help with my chain for reamping

shinodax

Hey guys,

Been trying to reamp yesterday but it was total failure. Alright this is my normal signal chain when I'm playing guitar.

Guitar > Korg DTR-1000 (I guess I wont need this in reamping) > Axe Fx Ultra > Focusrite saffire 6 USB > PC (DAW)

I've tried some stupid ways like connecting the output from the interface to Axe Fx and back to the interface so the DI track will be process. Well it doesn't work at all. haha. Read some notes on Axe Wiki but I cant seem to get the idea. =(

Please advice me on what to do so that I can reamp successfully. Thanks!

Cheers!

I put send block on first row. I record dry from axefx loop into DAW (i.e. left channel) and wet(normal out) on another channel.

When I'm happy with the take, I disconnect my guitar, put DAW line out into Axefx (front or rear, it depends on my taste), have a look at monitor setup (to avoid oscillation) and send "dry clip" into axefx, line out back into DAW. Axefx loop has to be disconnected.

That's it. ;)

Last edited:
Please tell us more - what doesnt work? Recording the clean di track or the playback/recording?
Basiclly you need to put an effects loop block in front of your signal chain and record the direct signal via Output 2 on the axe to your interface. Then reroute the recorded signal from one output of your interface to the rear input 1 on the axe-fx and record the wet signal from output 1 of the axe.

woah I'm confused now. So should I use send block or efx loop block??? I read from the wiki it says efx loop but I don't understand the signal chain format and what exactly will happen. Show a screenshot of a reamp preset will be good =)

Well I downloaded some Guitar DI tracks online for trying out some reamping as I will doing reamping with axe fx soon. In the DAW, I have all my tracks ready with the DI tracks + backing track and I will solo the track that I'm going to reamp. I send 1 of my output from the interface into front input of Axe Fx and 2 instrument cable back to the interface from output 1. The selected DI track has no changes at all. I've tried from the rear input and change the I/O setting to rear input. no luck =\

Back
Top Bottom