Need some help on EB expression pedal

shinodax

Hey guys,

I'm currently looking into the Ernie Ball JR 6180 volume pedal to work as an expression pedal. This will be my 1st time buying and using an expression pedal. So I wonder if that EB jr I mention will work and how do I actually connect it to the Axe-Fx?
Thanks a lot

Cheers!

I tried that, by just plugging a jack to jack into the output of the pedal and all pedal1 on the back of the axefx. But I found that because the resistance of the pot is non-linear (audio taper) that it doesn't give you smooth control over a parameter in the axefx. I think you need proper linear pot based expression controllers.

shinodax said:
Hey guys,

I'm currently looking into the Ernie Ball JR 6180 volume pedal to work as an expression pedal. This will be my 1st time buying and using an expression pedal. So I wonder if that EB jr I mention will work and how do I actually connect it to the Axe-Fx?
Thanks a lot

Cheers!

You should post a little more info as to how your going to connect it. I use two of the EB Jr's and they work just fine, it's all in the setup in the I/O menu under the MIDI, Control, and Pedal tabs.

Back
Top Bottom