Need some help getting a tone

Kdogg14

I am just starting to play around with my Axe Fx2 finally! I would really like to get close to this tone, it's the death metal clip on the bareknuckle pickups website for the aftermath pickup. I believe Nolly did the sound clip. How do I start as far as getting a close tone for the rhythm and lead? Also, if anyone from central NJ that has an Axe Fx2 and wouldn't mind spending time to show me the ropes I would appreciate if. Please pm me.

Last edited:
i haven't used it yet myself but why don't you use the tone matching? it should get you heading in the right direction.. i haven't read up on how to use it yet so can give step by steps.
Let us know how you go

Link didn't work for me, but here's a few tips:

1. Set up your presets through whatever you are going to play through.
2. Sample the metal sounds in the Axe, there are a lot of them. If you're new to it, messing with those is a great way to learn!
3. Do searches and read a lot in the forum. Many here are GREAT at helping you get from A-Z in the Axe Fx
4. This should actually be #1 on the list... read the manual!!!! There is so much there to get you going.
5. There are excellent tutorials of Axe Fx functions on here and YouTube. Make use of those.

I would bet that more than half the posts in some of these Fractal forums wouldn't be made if people started at 4 above. But please, if you get stuck anywhere, ask! That's what the forum is all about.

Back
Top Bottom