Natural aka harmonic aka melodic aka controlled feedback.

Namklak

I'm looking for controlled melodic feedback. I've seen threads on the fxIII Discussion, but the most successful patch uses module Pitch 2, which does not exist on the AX8. Anyone have success with this?

This is the fxIII thread with the Mark Day Pitch 2 patch (I guess I'm too new on this forum to include the link, here is the title)
feedback-simulator.160001

I don't want to use a FreqOut or an eBow or a Sustainer or a 4x12 with a tube power amp - I have very powerful, expensive box at my feet (AX8), and it should be able to do it. I'm using the Headrush 8" FRFR, and will clear 93dB SPL of stage volume (although not much louder). I've searched this forum for a while, surprised no one else has posted (that I could find). Axes used for this project is a super light SG with humbuckers, and a LP Special with SD noiseless (stacked humbucker) P90s. The AX8 is easily supplying all the tones I need for the project, except the controlled feedback.,

Thanks for any help/advice. I am new to the AX8 (and Fractal) - I've used Line6 and Digitech modelers in the past, but spent the last 5 years with a Marshall JVM - and I'm "too old" to lug that rig around anymore.

Thanks (again),
Namklak

Why not use Pitch 1 block? Unless you're already using it there's no difference...
Uh, I tried the Mark Day patch and it didn't work - I assumed at that point there was a difference between Pitch 1 and Pitch 2 - maybe I just made a mistake in trying to implement the fxIII patch. I tried manually inputting the patch into the AX8, as I couldn't figure out how to get Fractool to uh I guess convert the fxIII patch to ax8. Maybe I'm making many mistakes here...

btw, the parameters listed in the video for Pitch2 in this FX3 patch did not line up to the AX8 Pitch1 parameters, so I assumed FX3 Pitch2 is different than AX8 Pitch1. And it did not work - it worked like an inverse Digitech whammy - as I moved the expression to toe down, the pitch dropped 2 octaves - wth?

btw, the parameters listed in the video for Pitch2 in this FX3 patch did not line up to the AX8 Pitch1 parameters, so I assumed FX3 Pitch2 is different than AX8 Pitch1. And it did not work - it worked like an inverse Digitech whammy - as I moved the expression to toe down, the pitch dropped 2 octaves - wth?
There are most likely differences between the Axe Fx III Pitch block and the AX8 Pitch block.

However, there are no differences between Pitch blocks 1 and 2. They are 2 instances of the same block type.

Yes, I guess there are differences between FX3 and AX8 pitch blocks - and my AX8 only shows 1 pitch block.

But, would like to find a controlled feedback patch.

I am using an 8' Headrush at live shows at a modest volume and can get controlled feedback at will, with specific presets that were dialed in for that purpose. It's all about a balancing act of volume, gain, 'before the amp' mid boost at the desired frequency, and proximity between the guitar and the speaker.

Having said that, It can be coaxed out a bit more with a mid-focused 'Drive' and a 'Pitch' block (to simulate the higher octave harmonics).
Example here

Thanks Moke. I bought 8' Headrush for live monitoring support also, so that is encouraging news. I'll try the linked example later today.

Thanks Moke. I bought 8' Headrush for live monitoring support also, so that is encouraging news. I'll try the linked example later today.
The linked example is post containing a video of a commercial preset, intended for a specific song. It is only meant to show one possible way to accomplish this.

Back
Top Bottom