My "session guy" rig preset.

Mark Wein

Inspired
Something new this week - I decided to make my own "session guy" rack preset for the Fractal FM9 - 8 amps in the preset and five more blocks full of amps in the bundle. You can do this on your own for any digital amp platform, but I thought I would share mine. This is actually part 1, and part 2 will be examples of me using these sounds in recordings! Links to the free presets are in the video description:

It's really faithful at staying out of the way of the amp tone/feel, to me. I haven't gigged it yet, but am going to our rehearsal space tomorrow
(a small auditorium with a full PA), with the sound guy...dial in some levels, and then play some tunes through the PA, crank the rig, and see how I sit in the tune mix. (through the FRFR, and FOH)
Will keep you posted. I really like the clean tones scenes. Just right here in the man cave. The real test will be the higher gain scenes, like the JCM800, and the Diezel. The other difference is I play a PRS Custom 24 with '57/'08 humbuckers. No single coils at the gig presently for me. So a bit of level tweakage will be required.
Will keep you posted!

Sj

Back
Top Bottom