My Grab and Go Rig

dunkin

1. Ultra in a SBK rack (short plastic version)
2. Guitars (2)
3. Laney LC15R combo - 10" jensen 15 watts el84 tube power (smaller and lighter than a Blues Jr.)

Lightweight, quick setup, and great little tube amp for a monitor. The signal goes out of the Ultra through the 1/4" send (channel two) into the return effects loop in the back of the Laney to use the power amp section of the amp. I also send a feed the PA from an XLR out (channel one) on the Ultra. I tilt back that little combo, point it at my mellon, and I'm good to go.

I tried this set up recently while jammin with friends. (Loud drummer, another guitar player and a bass player. Not for metal/drop D music (lacks bottom) but, suprisingly punchy for what I do. The key to keeping that little amp clearer is that I removed the stock H&H 10" speaker and dropped Jensen cr series speaker in it.

I'm still working on a larger setup for some of my gigs but, this has worked out great for rehearsal or small stages.

I have a 4U rack with my Ultra, X2 and Power conditioner in there. Monitor (looking into getting IEM's tho). Bag (which contains ft controller, leads etc) and 2 guitars. 2 or 3 trips to the car, light and easy to set up. Doesn't matter if i play small rooms or Wembley Stadium...this will be my setup :D

If you haven't already purchased a double gig bag, it's a great investment to go with this sort of grab-and-go rig (well, if you use 2 guitars!). :cool:

Chris

Yes, I use a double guitar gig bag.
So, I have the amp in one hand, the rack in the other, and the gig back strapped on my back, all in one trip.

Back
Top Bottom