My current Axe-Fx III preset

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
Firmware 26.01

I use this preset with all my guitars, and direct (OUT1) as well as through my 1x12 G12H Redback with Matrix poweramp (OUT2).

Almost all channels are dialed in.
Global blocks are unlinked.

Amp channels ABCD / Scenes 1-4 are the Brit Silver with varying amounts of preamp gain.

Last pic shows my RJM foot controller layout.

Filter: simple boost for single coils (with Scene Ignore)
Volume: automatic volume swells
Dynacomp
Vox wah <> Whammy (single pedal)
Mutron-style auto-wah
4 Phaser types
4 Flanger types
4 Tremolo types
Rotary: slow > fast > brake
8 Drive types
GEQ: boost for leads
4 Chorus types
4 Delay types
4 Reverb types
Oscillating delay effect
4 Plex types
4 MTD types
Looper
Out2: sends signal without cab modeling to guitar cab + power amp
Cab: 2x12 5153 Stealth with Condenser mic
Stereo enhancer

YEK.png

2.jpeg

Attachments

• YEK JUBILEE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
74% on Mark II. Should run on yours.

I run my IRs at 1024 samples, I use Spring Reverb and disable the global EQs.

If you only run direct, move the Cab block directly behind the amp block and turn off the 2nd IR.

Just shut down my system, but definitely will check this one out Yek. Thank you
Out2 beeing part IN the chain is a first time notice for me.. cool!

Cheers 🍻

Firmware 26.01

I use this preset with all my guitars, and direct (OUT1) as well as through my 1x12 G12H Redback with Matrix poweramp (OUT2).

Almost all channels are dialed in.
Global blocks are unlinked.

Amp channels ABCD / Scenes 1-4 are the Brit Silver with varying amounts of preamp gain.

Last pic shows my RJM foot controller layout.

Filter: simple boost for single coils (with Scene Ignore)
Volume: automatic volume swells
Dynacomp
Vox wah <> Whammy (single pedal)
Mutron-style auto-wah
4 Phaser types
4 Flanger types
4 Tremolo types
Rotary: slow > fast > brake
8 Drive types
GEQ: boost for leads
4 Chorus types
4 Delay types
4 Reverb types
Oscillating delay effect
4 Plex types
4 MTD types
Looper
Cab: 2x12 5153 Stealth with Condenser mic
Stereo enhancer

View attachment 143342

View attachment 143343
Preset sounds great. Any chance you might also be willing to share your GT22 file? I’d love to see how you are handling your layout, to get what looks to be a ton of flexibility, and specifically your structuring to make that happen. I know how I handle things, but I find it refreshing to compare others ideas, as there seems always room to grow.
Cheers.
Lee

Preset sounds great. Any chance you might also be willing to share your GT22 file? I’d love to see how you are handling your layout, to get what looks to be a ton of flexibility, and specifically your structuring to make that happen. I know how I handle things, but I find it refreshing to compare others ideas, as there seems always room to grow.
Cheers.
Lee

Here ya go.

Attachments

• RJM.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Thank Alexander! I'm going to implement some of the Hold Function IA Cycle Steps naming structure to my own files. I like the way it is represented and easy to see what is actual active.
Cheers,
Lee

Reactions: yek
The one thing I ran into, regarding using your GT22 file (and wasn't an actual problem, more of me seeing the need to focus better), was with the hard-coded effect types in the layout. If I'm overlooking what you are doing, please let me know, so I can adjust my thinking. For instance, if talking about the Drive block, a:T808; b:Tube 3; c:Zen Master; d:Suhr, when accessing the hold feature, when selecting Channels a-d, accessed presets either need to have the same drive choices and in the same channel location, or the accessed drive will "Show" one of the four hard-coded names, while loading the actual drive type in a preset, even when a different type.

If I was only accessing your above preset, this would of course be no issue, but as I planned to access another 25 or so presets that already exist, I went through all 26 presets and aligned the majority of their Drive1 & Drive2 blocks and their channels. After completing the Drive blocks, I also did the same with the Chorus blocks, but decided I'd had enough for one evening. lol I suppose I'll focus a bit harder on finding MY favorite four, eight, .... of each block type (16 for blocks like the Drive block, which have Drive1, Drive2, Drive3 & Drive4) available. I've been too loose in my presets choices. Its great to test all possible choices, but I'm sure I should be able to find some consensus, as it's just me making the decisions. haha

Thanks again for opening my eyes a bit wider than they were before!
Cheers,
Lee

The one thing I ran into, regarding using your GT22 file (and wasn't an actual problem, more of me seeing the need to focus better), was with the hard-coded effect types in the layout. If I'm overlooking what you are doing, please let me know, so I can adjust my thinking. For instance, if talking about the Drive block, a:T808; b:Tube 3; c:Zen Master; d:Suhr, when accessing the hold feature, when selecting Channels a-d, accessed presets either need to have the same drive choices and in the same channel location, or the accessed drive will "Show" one of the four hard-coded names, while loading the actual drive type in a preset, even when a different type.

If I was only accessing your above preset, this would of course be no issue, but as I planned to access another 25 or so presets that already exist, I went through all 26 presets and aligned the majority of their Drive1 & Drive2 blocks and their channels. After completing the Drive blocks, I also did the same with the Chorus blocks, but decided I'd had enough for one evening. lol I suppose I'll focus a bit harder on finding MY favorite four, eight, .... of each block type (16 for blocks like the Drive block, which have Drive1, Drive2, Drive3 & Drive4) available. I've been too loose in my presets choices. Its great to test all possible choices, but I'm sure I should be able to find some consensus, as it's just me making the decisions. haha

Thanks again for opening my eyes a bit wider than they were before!
Cheers,
Lee

Yes, the hard-coded effect type names only work for blocks with those specific channels. If not, the names on the GT will not correspond with the actual types. For me, that's not a real obstacle, because I use Global blocks a lot in my presets, and limit myself to those 8 drive types.

Th way around this would be to assign a specific RJM preset to each Axe-Fx preset. That would allow preset-specific channel names. But that is way too much work (for me).

Yes, the hard-coded effect type names only work for blocks with those specific channels. If not, the names on the GT will not correspond with the actual types. For me, that's not a real obstacle, because I use Global blocks a lot in my presets, and limit myself to those 8 drive types.

Th way around this would be to assign a specific RJM preset to each Axe-Fx preset. That would allow preset-specific channel names. But that is way too much work (for me).
I used the high number of pages on the RJM to make two complete copies of my 2-page standard layout.

One copy had the hard coded names of the channels and blocks. I used that with my kitchen sink presets.

And the second copy dropped the channel names and block names and just left the generic values. I used that when playing any other preset. .

Thanks for confirming your usage! Now if I can just create a more focused process for myself.

@iaresee
"I used the high number of pages on the RJM to make two complete copies of my 2-page standard layout.
One copy had the hard coded names of the channels and blocks. I used that with my kitchen sink presets.
And the second copy dropped the channel names and block names and just left the generic values. I used that when playing any other preset. ."

Sound like a great usage! I'll probably try this as well. Easy enough to copy the GT22 pages, make a few changes, and then assign to the non-aligned presets. Glad you tossed that in!

Back
Top Bottom