My Axe-FX Ultra just crashed, and won't start back up now.

Khoi

I was just jamming through it, then all of a sudden noticed the signal just cutting out and giving me a weird tinny tone. Thought it was a cable issue, and changed a couple cables around, but nope.

I look at the screen, and it's blank.

Then I turn it off, and now, whenever I start it, it gives me this. Nothing I've tried works.

Anyone have any insight?

fY99Yj4.jpg

When I had my ultra it did this, I opened it up and pushed on the eprom chip (little brownish black square chip in a socket) and it powered it back up and never had another issue. it's worth a shot, and while there, make sure all the cables are pushed in good.

^I was going to say it may be a bad EPROM. Because the Axe is entirely solid state (well, except for the little fan) there's nothing there to die from wear and tear. Yes, the capacitors should be expected to die after the ten year mark - like all oil capacitors - but other than that the only real potential problem is data corruption. Since the only thing you can do to the Axe in that regard is pop out chips like the EPROM that's really your only avenue of repair. Otherwise you'll need to pay to get it repaired.

I have the exact same problem with mine. It does this after I have it running several hours. Khoi: How did you solve the problem? Did you get it fixed?

Back
Top Bottom