MXR Randy Rhoads Distortion+ Fiasco

rrhoads17

Inspired
Probably one of the worst gear releases that I can remember. It goes on sale finally with years of hype, sells out in a matter of hours, now scalpers are selling them for upwards of $1200. And in true Randy Rhoads gear fashion, it’s a limited release, so normies will probably never get to buy one. And I don’t believe customers were ever given a heads up that it was going to be a limited run until it actually released. I love Randy’s music, but I cannot get past how his family treats his fans who actually play guitar and want to collect his signature products for a fair price. Hopefully Dunlop will rethink limited run pedals after this fiasco, because a lot of RR fans who wanted this signature pedal are livid!

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but ...,

He was an awesome player !
He was very creative riff writer !

His tone was pretty 'meh' ....
Yep
I get it, his tone worked very well for certain songs like Dairy of a Madman. But yeah I hear you.
His speaker choice was very bright with a lot of sizzle.

Probably one of the worst gear releases that I can remember. It goes on sale finally with years of hype, sells out in a matter of hours, now scalpers are selling them for upwards of $1200. And in true Randy Rhoads gear fashion, it’s a limited release, so normies will probably never get to buy one. And I don’t believe customers were ever given a heads up that it was going to be a limited run until it actually released. I love Randy’s music, but I cannot get past how his family treats his fans who actually play guitar and want to collect his signature products for a fair price. Hopefully Dunlop will rethink limited run pedals after this fiasco, because a lot of RR fans who wanted this signature pedal are livid!
I don't get it either?
I loved his music and his playing. Not so much his tone....

I literally just built one of these. Probably one of the simplest drive circuits on the planet. Cost me less than a buck. These pedal companies can go **** themselves.

Many people chase the tones of their heroes, whether or not said tones are "good"... Which is subjective, in any case. ;)
Tones and playing. Keith Richards took over the world for decades with both tone and playing I do not care for. I definitely respect what he did. It will probably never be done again in our lifetime. I just cant get into much of their catalog outside of a few of the hits everyone wants to hear. On that note, I want to BE Mick Jagger. Saw them 3 weeks after he had a stent put in and he still fronts his band like he is 20 something.

Back
Top Bottom