Motion Sound stereo tube amps with Ax-Fx?

Gigazaga

Hi,

I just got my Ax-FX Ultra last week. I planned to use it just for recording, but now I am already planning a live setup. I was looking for a stereo tube based full range amp and came across the products by Motion Sound. These are designed for keyboards but it seems it might work well with the Ax-Fx.

Has anyone ever tried using one of these yet?

http://www.motion-sound.com/product?name=kp-200s

I've had some experience with their products as a keyboard rig ... although it was up to three years ago. The got their start making Leslie simulators, which are anything but a flat-frequency response product.

I would say ... not so much. Build quality wasn't great, the products are heavy and the overall sound didn't do that much for me. It tended to be hissy and prone to hum. On the link you sent, there's even a page that suggests making a modification to the circuit board so it's not so hissy when you turn it up loud. Ummm ...

:shock:

Also, I don't think the power section is tubes, there's just a 12AX7 in the preamp stage.

Thanks for the input. I have never heard or seen these products in person. I would like to find a full range system that looks something like a guitar amp. Maybe I should be looking at the Atomic products.

Run, don't walk, away. I had Motion Sound cab. It was junk. Their build quality was terrible. Several other folks I've run across have had the same experience.

Back
Top Bottom