Wish More flexible treatment of input

GlennO

Axe-Master
There have been a number of threads about this problem, but each one only addresses one aspect of it, so I though I'd post something to cover the entire problem.

Basically, the problem is there are controllers and block sidechains that rely on the input to the Axe-FX, but they don't work properly when you change your input source. For example, you may have an envelope or compressor that uses Input 1, but if you change your input to digital because you're reamping, they stop working. Or you may be using the gate in an input block, but if you change the input to use a looper, that gate will stop working.

The problem is that input in this context is tied too closely to physical inputs. Input can also come from digital inputs and the looper and the design of the controllers/grid/blocks should be more flexible and accommodate that.

Just adding more inputs to the sidechain/source menus is probably not a good solution since you'd have to find all the places the input is referenced in your preset, then edit those, just because you're temporarily changing the input source. A better solution would probably be to have a virtual input that is referenced by the controllers/blocks so you can easily "re-cable" that virtual input to be fed by a physical input, digital input, or the looper.

Related wish: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/i-o-routing-matrix.162651/

Back
Top Bottom