Moog ep3 won't calibrate.

xeno_5150

Anyone here using an ep3 with axe fx iii? Mine isn't calibrating for some reason. I have it set to standard. The only thing that seems to be working is the knob on the side. It worked perfectly on my ax8, and with various other setups I've had in the past. And before anyone asks, yes I'm using a TRS cable.

Any chance the cable isn't seated well, or have you tried another cable? I don't have that unit, so I can't provide specific help. Best of luck.
Lee

I use a couple EP3s and the only issues I've ever had is that either that switch isn't to standard, the knob on the side isn't all the to the right, or I had a bad cable.

Anyone here using an ep3 with axe fx iii? Mine isn't calibrating for some reason. I have it set to standard. The only thing that seems to be working is the knob on the side. It worked perfectly on my ax8, and with various other setups I've had in the past. And before anyone asks, yes I'm using a TRS cable.
I had this exact problem last weekend, setting up the expression pedals through my FC-12. BTW, my EP-3s are set to standard with the side knob all the way up.

I followed this path on the Axe-FX III itself:
1) From the home screen, hit Setup (Knob E)
2) Select "FC Controllers" and hit "Enter" (Knob A)
3) That will take you to a new screen (FC Controllers/Remote). 4) Go down to item E, select pedal type (continuous), then right underneath is calibration.

The screen will show a little slider that moves as you move the EP-3 through it’s range of motion.

I did this for Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 and it worked for both.

This seems to be the exact instructions in the manual, but due to my inexperience it took me a few tries to figure out how to get there. I've been doing everything in Axe-Edit, so navigating the unit itself was unfamiliar. I suspect some here may read what I've posted and say "Duh!" :)

Last edited:
Make sure you're using the right calibration feature. If your pedal is plugged into the back of the Axe III, use the MIDI/Remote menu to calibrate. If it's plugged into an FC unit, use the FC Controllers menu instead.

I have had two of these Moog EP-3 pedals for several years. But yesterday I was having trouble with the wah not working and I couldn't get one of them to calibrate. After all this time I never even realized there was a knob on the side. I turned the knob and now it's working fine again. I feel dumb for wasting so much time, but I guess they've always been okay and close to max so never a problem till now. I also found one of the cables that came with it was going bad and could cut out at times (those are not the best quality cables they come with), but that is easily fixed.

I have had two of these Moog EP-3 pedals for several years. But yesterday I was having trouble with the wah not working and I couldn't get one of them to calibrate. After all this time I never even realized there was a knob on the side. I turned the knob and now it's working fine again. I feel dumb for wasting so much time, but I guess they've always been okay and close to max so never a problem till now. I also found one of the cables that came with it was going bad and could cut out at times (those are not the best quality cables they come with), but that is easily fixed.
OMG!!! Youre right. A knob on the side. Im sitting here tryin to figure out why it wont go below 35%. Thats got to be it. Thanks!!!

ACTUALLY>...... Mine was fixed with the switch on the bottom. Switched to the left and went down to 0%. AWESOME

OMG!!! Youre right. A knob on the side. Im sitting here tryin to figure out why it wont go below 35%. Thats got to be it. Thanks!!!

ACTUALLY>...... Mine was fixed with the switch on the bottom. Switched to the left and went down to 0%. AWESOME

Switch to the left (standard) and knob all the way up fixed the Whammy on my Digitech IPS33B Super Harmony Machine. Thanks!!

I was in there trying to reprogram the Whammy Up parameters, because it was starting way high pitched, even with the treadle/pedal all the way back. This will surely save some poor fool like me, on Google. <3

Back
Top Bottom