Monogram CC - Caution!

Jirai

Inspired
Facts:

By the thread https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/small-daw-surface-controllers-streamdeck-etc.193954/ of @Chewie5150 I discovered Monogram CC and was so intrigued, that I ordered on 29th of April 2023 two controllers with an estimated shipment in September.

On September 22nd I received a mail from them, announcing, that "shortly" the shipping would begin.
But after that I heard nothing and therefore I responded to that mail, asking for a concrete time schedule. No response.

On 25th of November I wrote a second time the same question to them and on December 4th I finally got an answer. They apologized and explained, that they suddenly had run into several problems, which delayed the shipment. But they estimated, that the shipment of all outstanding pre-orders should be done within 2-7 weeks. So at the latest it should happen at the end of January and I decided to keep waiting.

But even in February I hadn't heard anything from them and I finally gave up. On February 25th I canceled my order by mail and asked them, to send me a confirmation and refund the 609,43 Euro, they had charged right after I placed my pre-order.

That is now 2 weeks ago and guess what: Nothing! No mail. No refund.

Conclusion:
Despite the praise they received in the past for their controllers it is obvious, that something is awfully wrong with this company these days. In the worst case it might have turned into a big fraud, where they just collect the money from the pre-orders without delivering anything. I am meanwhile very doubtful, whether I will ever get back my money from them.

On their homepage they still offer pre-orders with an estimated shipment in April. But they don't say, which year...

Question:
Is here anybody, who got recently something delivered from Monogram CC? If so, when did you order and when did you finally receive it?

And on the other side, are there more people like me, who ordered and didn't get anything: no item, no mail, no refund?

that's really unfortunate as they look like great controllers but for the price you pay you'd hope for some better Customer service. Funny you mention this as just yesterday I came across another company that does modular midi controllers. Intech Studio. I have no idea how good they are but I like the concept better than monogram. No need for a 'core module'

Yeah, it's very frustrating. I really wanted those controllers and was willing to wait half a year for them. But now I know, that a company, which needs 6 months and more to deliver their standard items, is not doing proper business. And second, I never ever again will make a pre-order and pay the full price just for sitting on a waitinglist.
Thanks for your recommendation. I still want some controllers and since Monogram is not able (or willing) to deliver, I have to look for something else. Of course, it would be nice to pay them with the refund, but I am certainly not waiting for that.
I will check out Intech Studio.

On 15th of March I wrote again to them, asking for a confirmation of the cancellation and the refund of my money and, as expected, no reaction. So I know now for sure, that I need to forget the 609 Euro.
I just noticed, that their homepage is still online, pretending to do business and promising a delivery at "late May/early June".
I am really surprised, that they are still allowed to run the company. The Canadian laws seems to be quite easy with this. I guess, in Japan they would have been shut down already a while ago, in order to prevent, that even more people are loosing their money.

Back
Top Bottom