Mono loop and output 2 same time FM3 (Solved)

Okay so I want to run pedals in loop but also use the output 2 on the FM3. Chain something like this: In 1 -> Blocks -> Output 2 - (the loop) > Input 2 - > Blocks -> final output 2. I need the output 1 to run some other things but mainly I'm thinking about running into a real amp so the xlr outs won't be the best for that. Is this setup possible?

Actually let's say I use the output 1 with xlr to ts/trs cable and go to the front of an amp. Would that be ok or does it cause issues?

Since the fx loop is mono, simply use just one channel of output 2 for the fx loop. Use feedback send/return blocks to send the end-of-chain output to the other channel of output 2. Connect one channel of output 2 to your fx loop and the other channel to wherever you're sending your processed output (e.g. power amp). Just be careful to not send the end-of-chain output to the fx loop channel :).

Front end of a guitar amp (including its preamp) is fine for output 1, though I would suggest the -10db level settings in the I/O menu, and slowly bring up that level at first. If your amp has an effects loop, I would suggest running into the return instead. That way you can take more advantage of amp modeling.

Since the fx loop is mono, simply use just one channel of output 2 for the fx loop. Use feedback send/return blocks to send the end-of-chain output to the other channel of output 2. Connect one channel of output 2 to your fx loop and the other channel to wherever you're sending your processed output (e.g. power amp). Just be careful to not send the end-of-chain output to the fx loop channel :).
Thanks for advice! How is the splitting done to the channels? Do I have to use the row pan?

Yes, that's the general idea. You can put a Mixer block in front of your Output 2 block to pan the two rows (one row is the fx send, the other is the end-of-chain output via the send/return blocks) L and R into the Output 2 block.

True, but the send/return allows you to put the post effects to the right of the fx loop, which can help make the signal flow easier to understand. The goal isn't necessarily to find the solution with the fewest blocks :).

Yes, that's the right idea.
I tested it now with a chorus pedal in loop using output 2 L and input 2 L. I run a cable from output 2 R to monitor for testing. The signal passes just straight from output 2 R to monitor and loop isn't working. I think i'm doing the panning wrong. What setting I have to use in output 2 I/O settings?

Everything seems to work now, Thanks! Btw noticed that the loop does not work with headphones jack. The loop is not affecting the headphones out. Not a big deal, I'm not a headphones player.

Back
Top Bottom