Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] Axe-Fx II Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 - New presets, Videos, & Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
My 'Boys Are Back In Town' preset is now available in the store.
Make that "My 'Boys Are Back In Town' 2.2 preset is now available in the store.

I discovered a couple errors in the 'Description' page for the 'Global Custom Scale' #7. I have corrected the errors, and uploaded the new 'Description' page along with the new version 2.2 presets to the zipped file in the 'Archive/Update' page.

Also made a couple of changes to the 'Low' and 'High' cuts in the cab block.

I have recently added more presets specifically for 'Single-Coil' guitars. I received several requests for this one in particular.

A new 'Single-Coil' version of my 'Livin' On A Prayer' preset has just been added to the store.

Available for the Axe-Fx II and AX8.

It uses the same IR as the 'Humbucker' version. All other functions and scenes are also the same.

Last edited:
Thank you! How are things in the Eastern sector?

Looking forward to new creations. All good here, trying to stay inside. 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit) and 85% humidity. Heading to Sweden for some r and r in a few weeks for some cooler weather ;)

ouch!........The price of one decent set of strings or Two beers??:p

Seriously?.......$3000 for an Axe-Fx / MFC-101.....$1000 for one good powered FRFR speaker.....$1500 and up for one decent guitar..................and $10 is just too much for a preset that took 10 to 20 (or more) hours to come up with........Dang brother, That borders on insulting:eek::)......sorry you feel that way:cool:
Moke, your presets are well worth the price ,to have gig ready presets and all the knowledge you can learn from them is worth every penny.
Some suggestions the new Judas priest firepower and the new Accept cd

I purchased both acoustic patches but both do not sound anything like an acoustic when i load the preset and load the corresponding cab into user 013 all i get is an electric clean sound with a lot of hiss and buzz. Am i doing something wrong Moke? I really need an acoustic sound for a cover tune im working on. Can anyone give advice. I am using a steinberger GL with a mahogany body and Moses Graphite Neck, Humbucker pickups from Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Wound by MJ herself. Alpha/Omega set.
I also tried my Steinberger Spirit backup guitar with EMG Pickups but no joy. they both sound electric and with hiss and buzz i cant dial out.

I purchased both acoustic patches but both do not sound anything like an acoustic when i load the preset and load the corresponding cab into user 013 all i get is an electric clean sound with a lot of hiss and buzz. Am i doing something wrong Moke? I really need an acoustic sound for a cover tune im working on. Can anyone give advice. I am using a steinberger GL with a mahogany body and Moses Graphite Neck, Humbucker pickups from Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Wound by MJ herself. Alpha/Omega set.
I also tried my Steinberger Spirit backup guitar with EMG Pickups but no joy. they both sound electric and with hiss and buzz i cant dial out.
What firmware are you using? Are you using the latest version of the presets?

The pickups can have a big impact on the tone. My acoustic presets do not sound good on my EMG equipped guitar either.

The preset and the IR are greatly boosting the high-end to achieve a (somewhat) acoustic tone. If there are any pre-existing noises, they will be amplified by this preset. For example, fluorescent lights, sharing a circuit with an appliance, ground loops, a bad cable/cables, bad shielding on the guitar, close proximity to a computer and/or monitor, etc....... It can reveal problems that you didn't know existed.

More than one customer has had this same issue with the noise. Twice, it turned out to be one of the XLR cables from the output to the powered monitor?

Also, try rolling back your tone knob on the guitar (if you have one?). That helps a lot on my guitars with brighter pickups.

Contact me through my store so that I can help you troubleshoot this via email. Hopefully you can send me an audio clip of what it sounds like on your end?

I am using quantum 9.04, I first changed the guitar cable, but did not make a difference. Then i did not use the patch, i only used the CAB in user slot 013. I used another clean patch that comes with the axe called "studio clean" I just then changed the cabinet to your one. It got me closer to an acoustic sound but still had a lot of noise. I then went to the amp model of the patch and started cycling through all the clean amp models, I found 2 that did not make nearly as much noise The Roland Jazz chorus copy and the Suhr Badger 18. I still have not gotten nearly as good of a sound as on your demos so I must be doing something wrong. I will try to track some stuff tonight when i get home from work and you can hear what I mean. Im sure Im doing something wrong. I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into things like this and also appreciate that you are willing to help.
I will email you some samples "your patch , your cab" My Factory clean patch , your cab"
Thanks again. I will try to get this done tonight. but depends on if i have to stay late.
Cheers,
Phantom.

A demo of all the scenes of my upcoming preset for 'Surrender' by Cheap Trick.

Available for the Fractal Audio 'Axe-Fx II' and 'AX8'.

Includes the Synth/Strings part automatically playing in time with the 'Tap Tempo' in all 3 keys. (B-flat, B, and C)

Scene #1... Main rhythm (guitar only)
Scene #2... Main rhythm (reduced gain) + Synth/Strings (reduced level and less staccato) (verse and chorus sections) (key of B)
Scene #3... Main rhythm + Synth/Strings (more staccato) (key of B)
Scene #4... Main rhythm (reduced gain) + Synth/Strings (reduced level and less staccato) (verse and chorus sections) (key of C)
Scene #5... Main rhythm + Synth/Strings (more staccato) (key of C)

Scene #8... 'Intro' Main rhythm + Synth/Strings (more staccato) (key of B-flat)

Last edited:
I recorded a couple of samples of what happened. I got rid of a lot of noise by building my own patch and using your cab.
I used the SUHR Badger18 amp model and most of the noise was gone.

Okay, here is the demo video for my preset for 'Rebel Yell' by Billy Idol. (in isolation and with a backing track)

This one took a while to get right. There is a lot of stuff crammed in their, but I was also able to make it all work on the AX8.

Includes the 'Synth'-like tone and my take on the 'Ray Gun' sound. As well as a 'Feedback' simulator (similar to the 'FreqOut' pedal).

The 'Ray Gun' effect is controlled by 'External' #2 on the Axe-Fx II version, and by 'Control Switch' #1 (switch number 8) on the AX8 version. On the Axe-Fx II (nec) version, it will be activated by selecting Scene #8

Scene #1... Clean tone
Scene #2... Main rhythm tone
Scene #3... Main rhythm tone + a 'Feedback' simulator
Scene #4... Solo tone + 'Ray Gun' effect (via a controller)
Scene #5... 'Synth' tone for the breakdown (Neck pickup)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom