Legacy Presets [Moke's Custom Presets] 'AX8' Master Thread - Updated to Q9.04/10.01 -New presets, Videos, Huge Discounts

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
NOTICE...

Due to the unsecured nature of the 'Update' pages on my site, and suspected theft of Presets, The Presets and Packs will no longer be stored in these pages.

The new 'Update' system will involve the use of special Coupon 'Codes' that can be used to purchase the new versions of the preset from the store, at zero cost. These 'Codes' will be included in a PDF file, located inside the Zipped file for all future purchases.

There is a special 'Code' for each Preset and Pack, that is only valid for that specific product. Only one 'Code' can be used at a time. So you will have to update each Preset or Pack, one at a time.

Existing customers, please contact me via the 'Contact' tab on my site and give me any info that you have on your past purchases. Once they are verified, I will email you the Coupon 'Codes' for each preset that you have purchased.

Sorry for any inconvenience...
Moke

Hi, Just want to give a report on Moke's JCM-800 V2.1 HB Preset.

I got to use this amp / preset for the first time live today at our worship service.
It worked out really well! The electric guitar parts ranged from clean, slight break up, crunch to lead solo notes.
I made some very slight modifications and used scenes 1 - 4.
I added scene controller 2 to Cab block level, so the scenes would all work together for me.
One of my favorite things about this preset is how it sounds and feels when picking a chord, that is slightly muted with my palm.
Using the volume knob on the guitar gives even more variety.
I'll be using it again next week.

Thanks so much Moke!!! :)

Thanks Scott.

I use that one (or some slightly tweaked versions) for almost half of our set. There will be a (very slightly tweaked) new version 2.2 for Q10.01 coming soon.;)

Hi moke

Just bought 9 of your presets & you’ve saved me so much time so I can just sit back & enjoy playing.
All of the are great.
I know there are few van halen presets concentrating on his earlier records, but I’m a huge fan of eddies tone on the “ balance “ album.
Not sure if this sound is possible on the ax8, but I’d buy this & be in heaven if there was a preset on this ?

Hi moke

Just bought 9 of your presets & you’ve saved me so much time so I can just sit back & enjoy playing.
All of the are great.
I know there are few van halen presets concentrating on his earlier records, but I’m a huge fan of eddies tone on the “ balance “ album.
Not sure if this sound is possible on the ax8, but I’d buy this & be in heaven if there was a preset on this ?
I've been asked about that quite a few times. I will add to the (ridiculously long) list of potential presets..;):D

A new version of my AX8 'Wish You Were Here' preset is now available. I made some changes and was able to fit the 'old record player crackling sound' from the 'Axe-Fx II' in there.

Check to make sure that you are using the correct IRs (per the new 'Description' page) as they changed a couple of versions ago.

(Almost) everything is automated and should work as intended through the scene changes.

1. Go to the 'Looper' mode to access the 'Looper' controls (switch #8 ).
  2. Arm the 'Record' button in the Looper, it should only start recording once you start the opening phrase.
  3. Record all the way through the opening section up to and including only one bar of the last 'G' chord.
  4. Then stop recording by stepping on the 'Record' button again.
  5. Leave the 'Looper' mode (switch #8 ). (while playing the second bar of the last 'G' chord)
  6. Switch to scene 2, the Looper will automatically start.
  7. When you finish the Acoustic solo and switch to scene 3 on the 'C' chord as the vocals start, the Looper will stop and mute, the opening 12-string tone will accompany the Acoustic tone at the normal volume, then automatically fade to a lower volume (like the original recording), and stay there.

Scene #1....12-string (filtered) Acoustic intro w/crackling sound (panned 65% right). Use the 'Looper' to record the first approx. 35 seconds. Once 'Record' is armed, the 'Looper' will automatically start recording when the first note is struck.

Scene #2....Acoustic sim. Automatically starts the 'Looper' via scene controller #1 (as long as you stopped recording before switching). Turns down the 'Crackling' sound via scene controller #2.

Scene #3....Scenes 1 and 2 combined. Switch at 1:15. Mutes the 'Looper' block.

Scene #4....Solo. 12-string (filtered) Acoustic sim (panned center) and Acoustic sim together.

Scenes #5 through #8 are not used.

The 'Looper Control' switch was added to switch #8. Pressing on switch #8 opens the 'Looper' controls. Press on the 'Record' button when you are ready. Recording won't begin until you start playing the opening riff. With some practice, you can record the entire opening riff, and then accompany yourself using scene 2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom