Modeling Friedman Twin Sister's features with Dirty Shirley Model

Hey y'all,

I play a Friedman Twin Sister day-to-day and have been using the Dirty Shirley 2 models in my FM9. It's great!

There are a couple of switches on the Twin Sister - the gain structure switch, and the bright switch - that I use and would like to see if people have used the existing features on the Amp block, or a combination of other blocks, to model. E.g. using the input trim and reducing to 0.5 to model the low input in the DS

Thanks for any pointers!

Hey y'all,

I play a Friedman Twin Sister day-to-day and have been using the Dirty Shirley 2 models in my FM9. It's great!

There are a couple of switches on the Twin Sister - the gain structure switch, and the bright switch - that I use and would like to see if people have used the existing features on the Amp block, or a combination of other blocks, to model. E.g. using the input trim and reducing to 0.5 to model the low input in the DS

Thanks for any pointers!
Lots of options there, seems very doable, but we’d have to know the settings for the amp that was originally modeled. Hopefully someone from the fractal crew can chime in. The amp wiki doesn’t mention any specifics on these matters…

Input Trim control for the structure switch. Input EQ and boost for the boost and bright options. I do like pairing it with the Buxom Boost model like I’d do with the real amp.

Bright switch:
Doesn't the Bright switch on the model's Ideal page work? If yes, look up the amp's bright cap cap value and enter it in the model.

That's what I thought, too, that the DS bright switch could be modeled on with the Ideal page. I did a quick google search to find the value and stumbled on a thread from Amp Garage. Here's a quote from that thread:

"Late to the discussion here, but I’m building a Little Sister and, after hours of staring at gut shots, have solved this mystery. The DPDT Bright/Tight switch, when ON, adds a 0.0022uF coupling cap in series after the 0.022uF coupling cap after the second gain stage. It also adds a 0.68uF electrolytic bypass cap in parallel with the 820R cathode bias resistor on the the third gain stage. When Off, the switch shorts around the 0.0022uF and adds a 1M resistor (to ground) in series with the 0.68uF cap."

Back
Top Bottom