Wish ML250 model

Looks like Plaistow NH. If he’ll do it I’ll help pay for shipping. I’m in a Rush tribute band and would love to have that 4140 amp in the AF3. He bought one to model so I’d imagine if you’d let him borrow it for a while there’d be a chance. The schematic I found online is pretty low resolution and is done in the late 70’s style, which is hard to read as it is. Let him know I’ll be happy to redraw it, in whatever format he wants. If I could I’d go there and carry it around for him.
You’re kidding? I live in Rye, NH. Come on. Are you serious. Cliff are you reading this?

You’re kidding? I live in Rye, NH. Come on. Are you serious. Cliff are you reading this?
Wow, maybe we’ll get lucky and this will actually happen at some point. Are you able/willing to leave it with him for a while? So awesome that you’ve offered to do this, thanks!!

Wow, maybe we’ll get lucky and this will actually happen at some point. Are you able/willing to leave it with him for a while? So awesome that you’ve offered to do this, thanks!!
Of course I don’t have a problem letting them out on loan. That it’s local makes it even easier.

That’s great, this is promising. I wonder if Fractal uses Pspice for their schematics. I’d like to make this as easy as possible for them if they’re willing to do it.

Then again, I don’t have their models. I’ll just try to guess the best program to use to redraw the schematic. Even if I just make it legible, it might help, the Marshall schematic is pretty hard to read.

I sent him a DM offering the loan directly. I’m not sure if he is seeing this thread and then again they may have this amp in their possession already and it’s just not a priority but if it’s something you’re interested in hopefully they’re able to see that there’s an option for them and by this amp, I mean any of the ones we’ve discussed so far.

Last edited:
I, like many other Maiden-obsessed fans, have a 250 RL. I love love love that amp, but what makes it so darn special is the built-in effects. I don't believe that its preamp is anything too interesting, other than it sounds pretty darn ok (unique like a rockman). The EQ section is weird (not anything like a tube amp) but very useful. I am just not sure that a model of this amp would be all that great, and Cliff does not seem to care to model solid-state stuff. The amp is cool, but not very dynamic, and without the effects it sounds like a passable solid state amp. However, if they would just model the chorus, then I would be thrilled.

I, like many other Maiden-obsessed fans, have a 250 RL. I love love love that amp, but what makes it so darn special is the built-in effects. I don't believe that its preamp is anything too interesting, other than it sounds pretty darn ok (unique like a rockman). The EQ section is weird (not anything like a tube amp) but very useful. I am just not sure that a model of this amp would be all that great, and Cliff does not seem to care to model solid-state stuff. The amp is cool, but not very dynamic, and without the effects it sounds like a passable solid state amp. However, if they would just model the chorus, then I would be thrilled.
Many good points. You're right, without the compressor, the echo, the overdrive, the stacked channels, the tone is nothing to talk about. It is also shrill at times, and not the most pleasant in the room sound, but sits well in a mix apparently.

I sent him a DM offering the loan directly. I’m not sure if he is seeing this thread and then again they may have this amp in their possession already and it’s just not a priority but if it’s something you’re interested in hopefully they’re able to see that there’s an option for them and by this amp, I mean any of the ones we’ve discussed so far.
Does your amp happen to have the red McKenzie speakers?

Back
Top Bottom