Mission SP-1 newb question...

prom3theus

Hey ya'll I'm planning on getting a Mission SP-1 pedal because everyone raves about them here, and because James seems like a bamf.

My only questions are:
1. Do I need this polarity reversal thingy to work with the Axe-Fx?
2. If it needs two cables for pedal and for switch, and one of them goes into Pedal 1 on the Axe, where does the other go? Pedal 2?
3. Once I click "add to cart" on the mission products page it takes me straight to paypal. Isn't there a place where I can pick options and whatnot (like color, and if I want a spring or whatever)? I probably just didn't go far enough, but as long as I'm asking the other two questions...

Anyway, for those of you who are prone to discussing some hilariously-over-my-head electrical business, I appreciate you putting up with "the rest of us," even if it is only me :)

Have a good one fellas

(1) There is a section on the Mission Engineering website that has a compatibility chart. Search for it.
(2) Pedal 2 is the only other place if you are limited to the back of the Axe-FX
(3) On the products page there should be a drop down underneath the SP-1 that has the color/reverse polarity switch combinations. You should be able to select the appropriate one and add that to the cart.

mworkman pretty much covered it. Thanks. The polarity switch is not required for the Axe-Fx pedal inputs. There are some floor controllers that do require it. Axess FX-1, Rocktron All Access and MIDI Mate, for example. If you are not sure what MIDI controller you will end up with, the polarity switch is worthwhile. You can plug both outputs into the Axe if you have no MIDI floor controller. It doesn't matter which is which, you program that in the Axe. There is an example setup in the Mission User Guide. James.

Back
Top Bottom