Mission Gemini GM1 or Friedman ASM-12??

Have heard a lot of good reviews
Would you recommend something different?
Many in here have said the Friedmans aren’t very flat. I hear they sound dark almost like it has a blanket over it. My guess is they cater to those who really want something that’s built like a guitar cab. A quick search of the forum will turn up lots of lukewarm reviews. That said, probably no FRFR is “truly” flat; some just translate better than others - tones you made on your studio monitors, etc. It seems like the consensus leans towards Atomic CLRs and Redsound MF.10s. The CLRs are nearly impossible to find, but the MF.10 kicks ass. The sound is crystal clear and punchy.

Of the Friedmans, the 12s are the ones with consistently lukewarm/inconsistent reviews. The 10s on the other hand are much better reviewed.

I got an ASC-10 yesterday and in my limited time it seems very good. It really does feel like a cab. I’ll write a full review after I get some real playing time on it. The only knock on it is the weight. It’s heavy for its size. That alone makes me glad I didn’t get the 12.

I’ve always had the clr or xitone active cabs in the past. Was going to get another xitone but was looking at other options before pulling the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom